Thursday, July 19, 2007

There's Love There

I'm turning 33 in 8 days. It's not traumatic or anything, it's just another day, but Lauren is excited and has already given me a book of "poetry" she has written.

No really, she really did write me poetry....modern poetry if you will - with a spin.

My favorite one goes like this:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
My feet stink and
So do you

Yes it seems she has "borrowed" a bit from the traditional "roses are red, violets are blue" but she really makes it her own with the stinky feet thing.

There's another one in there that runs a close second:

The reason I'm lazy and a pinch to crazy
Is because you hug me and kiss me to long
I know that's because you love me
But I wish you'd quit.

Yes, she is a treasure, isn't she. This is all her own. She didn't feel intimidated by peer pressure into making it rhyme...she just shouted her love on constructioin paper with crayon.

.......

She even went so far as to alter the Happy Birthday song for me...and I think it's the most terrifical (that's a very Tigger-ish word isn't it) song ever. It is written so I can sing it to myself....

Happy Birthday to Me
Happy Birthday to Me
I look like I'm 20
but I'm really 33.

No, I didn't commission that last one. She just knew she had better put something nice in if she wants to share my cake and ice cream ;D

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

At Thursday, July 19, 2007 5:45:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

awwww, at least she got you something.....

She sounds like a chip off the old block...

 
At Thursday, July 19, 2007 6:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, that is some funny shit. She takes after her mama!

(That's a good thing.)

 
At Friday, July 20, 2007 7:29:00 AM, Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

See you reap what you sow. I love this chick already. Sarcastic like her mama. *giggles*

Is it too early to put in for some birthday cake and alcohol?

 
At Friday, July 20, 2007 10:11:00 AM, Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Hahaha! She's got her mama's smarts(assedness)!

 
At Friday, July 20, 2007 11:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait....did you say cake?!??!! What flavor? I'm very particular in my cake thankyouverymuch.

(Ha! Your daughter is a little mini-you!)

 
At Friday, July 20, 2007 12:20:00 PM, Blogger Sayre said...

Happy Birthday, Nikki!!! Is that snark-cake you're having?

 
At Friday, July 20, 2007 5:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, young 'un. The kid has a future!

 
At Friday, July 20, 2007 6:05:00 PM, Blogger Dr Joseph McCrumble said...

Is this a classic case of Nature vs nurture?

 
At Sunday, July 22, 2007 10:10:00 PM, Blogger Scully's Moulder said...

hehe, at least you're only older than my by a month. Gongrats on surviving another year with kids. You want to borrow mine? ;)

 
At Monday, July 23, 2007 12:45:00 AM, Blogger Superstar said...

I got a tattoo on my 33rd b-day! LOL ;o)
So whatcha going to do?!?!?!
*giggles*
TaKill-Ya???
WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

 
At Monday, July 23, 2007 12:43:00 PM, Blogger OhTheJoys said...

That second one is really great.

 
At Tuesday, July 24, 2007 6:32:00 PM, Blogger Pendullum said...

Happy Happy Birthday Ole Gal...
And may you have many many more (ahem, poems) where that came from!!!!

 
At Tuesday, July 24, 2007 9:54:00 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

33?

You're nothing but a baby.

Leetle Bitty Baby!

I'm turning 38 so my law, I have to hate you.

 
At Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:15:00 PM, Blogger Sven said...

Better to look 20 than act 20. At least the way I acted when I was 20.

 
At Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:45:00 PM, Blogger ditzymoi said...

Happy Birthday Girly!! I think we should go out and celebrate thats what I think !!

 
At Thursday, July 26, 2007 12:16:00 AM, Blogger *~*Cece*~* said...

Wait a minute. Obviously I'm SUPER late, but didn't you say this long ol Good bye to the blogging world (just as I was getting to read you?) and now you're back? lol Sweet! I'll be sure to add you (again). I hope you'll be around (again) lol

 
At Thursday, July 26, 2007 9:15:00 PM, Blogger Paul Champagne said...

Do I sense the next Poet Laurette of the US?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home