Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bits and Bobs

Dear Readers (read "Victims")

I submit for your snorting pleasure, the funniest webpage I have ever come across. I give it to you because you will love me forever and ever. I give you... Engrish. You will not be able to resist bookmarking it.

I found it when I was reading Diary of a Goldfish, which I found through Attila's site .

WELL! What are you still doing here? For cripes sakes, go learn some Engrish.

A couple words of warning: DO NOT VIEW THIS AT WORK. DESK BEATING AND HYENA LIKE LAUGHTER WILL GIVE AWAY THE FACT THAT YOU ARE SURFING THE NET!
______________________


For those of you who have experiemented with crosstitching and failed miserably - and those of you who excel at it, I give you..(trumpets and fanfair)..Subversive Crosstitch. I also discovered this one via Diary of a Goldfish.

I think Heather will be especially interested in this site. She has been very gracious in giving me stitching tips. There are a couple of pics on her site showing what she had done and it blows me away.

Every time I try to do something with thread, it comes out tangled, mangled and pitiful. When people ask about it, of course I lie and tell them it's a high brow cat toy. (envy me for my expensive cat toys - they are custom made no less)

Have fun boys and girls.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At Thursday, May 11, 2006 4:51:00 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Hi!
Thanks for the link to my site! Cross-stitch isn't hard for me, but my sister can't get the hang of it to save her life. Keep sending the questions, I don't mind in the slightest! But don't let the cats at the thread monsters! Long threads can kill a cat! Subversive cross-stitch rocks absolutely. I've got to remember to link to them from my blog. And Engrish has whiled away many an hour at work... While alone in the lab of course!
Heather

 
At Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Charlie said...

Misha sarcastic? Nawwww.

Okay, it can finally be told: I have been x-stitching for 15 years. Yes, a male x-stitcher, and some shops do not welcome me with open arms. Prigs.

I do not, however, do the wonderful work that Heather does. I do not do linen. Or hardanger. Or white work. Or use fancy threads like the overdyes or satins.

Give me a piece of good old 16-ct Aida and two strands of DMC, though, and I am a terror. Or is it terrible. I get the two mixed up.

I will try to photo a couple of pieces one of these days and put them on Flickr.

 
At Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:55:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Heather - your welcome. And I do keep the long strings away from my kitties (I have 3).

Misha - to error is human, to rip them a new asshole with sarcasm is sublime

Admiral - are you shitting me? Am I in the presents of the elusive man stitcher that the scientists have been searching for for decades?

I am awed. Post the pictures. I wanna see.

 
At Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:42:00 PM, Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Bahaha. LOL

 
At Thursday, May 11, 2006 3:00:00 PM, Blogger St Jude said...

Do you do doggy toys too? :0)

 
At Thursday, May 11, 2006 3:24:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Attila - that was my response as well when I saw those sites. They are to funny.

St Jude - funny enough I do. Take old sock, insert old ball, tie a knot or two in the sock and have fun. (word of caution - DON'T LET THE DOG EAT THE SOCK)

 
At Wednesday, January 31, 2007 8:56:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

YAY! Someone else loves Engrish!

My brother and his family lived in Japan for six years, and his daughter spent her junior year of college in Tokyo. She bought all kinds of Engrish t-shirts, mugs and other stuff, and also collected her own examples. It is our favorite part of what she brought back from Japan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home