Friday, April 28, 2006

Lauren's Story

Today I'm going to post a short story that my daughter Lauren wrote. I think it would make a great children's book. I have not altered it or changed it in any way. This is her story, not mine. She did tell me that there were more animals in the story in her rough draft, but decided to take some of them out. You will also see her very own illustration.


The Lost Mitten
By Lauren

One day I was walking through the woods with my mom. We needed our mittens. After awhile my hands were getting hot. I took them off then I stuffed them in my pocket. But one fell out of my pocket and I left it behind. After awhile a mouse came along. She was so cold she scampered in the mitten and never came out. Then along came a tiger and he stopped to admire the mitten. "So," he asked the mouse, "can I live in the mitten too?" The mouse was about to say no but when she saw his teeth she moved over. After a while a toad came along and he wanted to live ther too. They almost said no but when they saw his tongue they moved over. Then along came a bug. He didn't care as long as he found a place to stay. So jumped on the fox's nose. Then the fox sneezed. Then all of the animals flew into the air. Then Lauren found her mitten. It was bigger the the other one.

***My thanks to Blind Squirrel Studios for scanning Lauren's picture for me. You can visit that site by clicking here.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Friday, April 28, 2006 5:10:00 PM, Blogger St Jude said...

She's got a wonderful imagination. I absolutely love children's writing.

Treasure it. See you in a week.

 
At Saturday, April 29, 2006 4:14:00 PM, Blogger Kim Ayres said...

That's a great story. You could have some brilliant illustrations with that

 
At Saturday, April 29, 2006 4:20:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

St Jude - She does have a wonderful imagination doesn't she. She's the best (Notice my modesty here)

Cappy - Okay, Okay, we'll give you some more Jolly Ranchers.

Kim - I had the same thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home