Friday, November 03, 2006

Stop Nagging Me Already

Yes yes yes. I know....I'm a bad mother and didn't post any Halloween pictures for you....so live with it. I sent a couple to my mother via camera phone and that's it.

Connor went as a Lil' Devil. I tried explaining to the people who oooooohed and aaaaahed that it wasn't a costume but they just laughed.......I wasn't kidding.

Lauren went as an Angel, complete with great big white wings (purchased), one silver halo (made- that promptly broke as soon as we made our first steps), one long flow-ee shirt trimmed with silver medallion thingys (shirt purchased, I sewed the medallion thingys on), and one really long skirt in a nice silvery-white, trimmed with more silver medallion thingys (I made the skirt and sewed the medallion thingys on - my sewing machine resisted all attempts to be operated by a sewing idiot...but I eventually put it in the head lock and it gave in), outfit completed with tights and tennis shoes (she wanted to wear a pair of her sandals that she had this summer that had heels - I told her she was smoking crack and to go get her tennis shoes on).

I was supposed to dress up as a witch but that didn't work out unfortunately. Charles wasn't feeling very well so I didn't have time to get all made up...I had even gone out and bought some warts, and ugly nose and a long chin to glue on, and some witch's make-up. Charles was supposed to go as a convict (black & white striped costume) - but instead he was a prisoner of the sandman.

Boys 1&2 both went as NINJA's, and I can tell you, it was funny as hell watching them trying to creep up on a couple of the houses and sneak some candy. They were gotten back by one man who had dressed up as a zombie and was propped in the corner of a porch (think floppy looking...like a scarecrow) with the bowl of candy on his lap....they went to grab and WHAMMO!!! instant screaming and crying Ninja's. They didn't take it well.....and yeah, I may be cruel....but I'm STILL laughing at that.

Stinky and Redhead were there too. Redhead led the way and made sure no children got to far ahead. Stinky at candy while fussing at the kids that they couldn't have any until it was inspected *chew, slobber, gulp*. (I fussed at him - his response? - that piece was okay).

All the kids fell asleep on the way home - except for Lauren, and we stopped by our neighbors house S & J and then we were home again. Boy 2 (4 years old) wouldn't wake up and was tucked in to bed in his costume, Boy 1 (6 years old) briefly regained conscienceness for just enough time to remove his costume, slip on some pj's and was off to bed.

Superbaby (18 months old) woke up when we pulled in the driveway and was immediately stripped, wiped down, dressed and put to bed....er...crib.

Lauren (8 years old) however, immediately dumped her bucket of candy onto the dining room table and sorted everything in little piles of all candy that was the same and hovered over it until I inspected it. I was expecting her to devour at least a couple of pieces, but she was content that only 3 pieces got the heave-ho and put it all away again after looking at her sugar treasure once more, counted it carefully, and put it all back in the bucket. She took a shower and went to bed.

The adults just kind of looked at each other and went to bed. All of us were in bed by 8 pm.....a true sign that we're all getting old.

Hope you all had a great time...I'm going to sneak some candy.....see ya later.

Labels:

42 Comments:

At Friday, November 03, 2006 1:14:00 PM, Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

Smoking crack...omg, girl. No WONDER we are friends. I tell that to my spawns all the time.

I am on a Reese's crusade. Gimmee or I will stalk you internetally(like that?)

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 4:10:00 PM, Blogger Sven said...

We went as a witch, Captian Jack Sparrow, and Wayne Campbell.

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 4:13:00 PM, Blogger DirkStar said...

yes, attitude! Loved the biting tones of disdain!

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 4:54:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Christina - I call them my spawn as well. I also hold out my hand and tell them to give it to me..."give you what mom?....you're crack pipe kid, you're crack pipe. LOL

Sven - You make an excellent Wayne and the kids are CUTE!

Dirk - Welcome. Thanks

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 5:20:00 PM, Blogger Sayre said...

Hey, Nikki! Been missing you! We too, turned out the lights at 8pm - but that's actually normal for us. Z-boy got lots of loot, which we spilled out onto the living room floor and checked out. I didn't see anything suspicious, but my dear hubby says the police found a needle in a tootsie roll, so we're gonna go over it again. Sigh. I hate it when some kook ruins it for everyone!

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 5:58:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

Sounds great......yes, you are old....wilma.

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 6:49:00 PM, Blogger Pendullum said...

Anyway you paint a pretty picture...
But still wanna see the pics...
and I have been sneaking candies for the last few days... I am gonna get caught with my hand in the lootbag any day now...
and I'll just say the Lil'Devil mademe do it!!!

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 7:15:00 PM, Blogger happykat said...

I'm glad you had a good Halloween.

I didn't pictures, either. Don't feel bad. I was too busy in the doing to stop for a photo op.

 
At Saturday, November 04, 2006 9:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know how to sew?!?!! i'm kind of impressed, but not that ipressed, so don't get all cocky about it. m'kay?!!! glad to hear y'all had a good halloween.

 
At Saturday, November 04, 2006 11:43:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

LOL, sounds like fun.
My kids were superman (muscels adn all) and Cinderella. Cinderella is 3 1/2 and she let everyone know how annoyed she was with them when they called her a princess and not Cinderella.
My husband was sick so I ended up going out alone with both kids. Uggg.
I guess we all had a good time.

 
At Sunday, November 05, 2006 1:13:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Candy...I think next year, I'll just buy candy and eat em myself.

 
At Monday, November 06, 2006 3:33:00 AM, Blogger ditzymoi said...

Don't you let Christina have the last reeses !!
sounds like your halloween was as much fun as mine lol
come visit and see what i did this weekend :)

 
At Monday, November 06, 2006 6:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Save a milky way for me huh?

 
At Monday, November 06, 2006 4:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almond joy's please???

I was a naughty flight attendant...Mile high club baby!!
My Italian guy won for "capt Jack".

 
At Monday, November 06, 2006 7:18:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

*pokes nikki with a sharp stick*

Come on, you've had plenty of time to stick one picture up, its not that hard.....

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't go to bed at 8:00 - just can't. No matter how tired I am, I just refuse. lol

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 12:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first visit to your blog, I have to say.....

LOVE IT!!!!

Your post about the postman....OMG, too funny... I can totally see where you are coming from there!

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 3:00:00 PM, Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

I just found you blog, and sister, I love your attitude.
I'm adding you to my blogroll.

MJ

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 3:24:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Sayre - dahhling. That ass. Who puts crap like that in candy. I hope they die painfully. They deserve it for what they were trying to do to the kids.

Carm - WILMA??!!! oh, OH, OOOHHH NOOOOO you didn't.... okay - it's funny, but I won't admit to that.

Mr Fab - what? and gain your weight too? no thanks. I have enough ass flab.

Pend - I'm curious as to what story you're going to come up with to blame it on my son...we live in different contries LOL

HK - i hear you. Haloween is always hectic.

Nikki - do I know how to sew? Ummmm....NO. I now the basic principle of joining fabric and that's about it. The only reasons I let her go out in public with that skirt were 1) is was dark. and 2) it was going to get darker. LOL

Jazz - this is the second Halloween in a row he hasn't gone...last halloween he had menengitis and this Halloween he was sick again.. I swear, the extremes that man will go to...LOL

Me - girl, you better watch out. Just nibble on the candy at the office.

Kim - I love your template chickie.

Jenny - girl, you better come get em....those kids are like a pack of wolves around that candy...and Connor LOVES him a Kit Kat. You're on your own at the candy bowl chick.
I'll stand by with bandaids and neosporin.

Super - LOL That's a good idea. and congrats to Capin' Jack.

Carm - DID YOU JUST POKE ME WITH A SHARP STICK? Dude...that hurt.

Jeff - wait until you have kids hon LOL

Iris/Rissy - welcome and thanks

Mother Jones - Welcome and thanks to you too!

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 8:08:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

oh, stop being a baby, it wasnt that shrap...what do you take me for? a psycho?(shush you)

 
At Friday, November 10, 2006 9:41:00 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Carm - this is me not saying anything........

*ahem*

..................it's killing me.

 
At Friday, November 10, 2006 7:15:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

If you have time to comment on my comments, or not make a commment, you have time to post pictures of halloween costumes, Wilma....

 
At Saturday, November 11, 2006 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Hey Nikki,
Long time no post. Hope everything is going well.
ME

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 2:32:00 PM, Blogger Pendullum said...

Missing you Miss Nikki, Please post soon!

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 10:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl....
come back soon...miss you .

 
At Monday, November 13, 2006 5:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nikki's Blog,
Tell her that instead of nagging her for pictures, we are going to start nagging her to post something. Anything. I usually read this with my morning coffee, but recently, its just been...drinking the coffee...

:( Tell her we miss her.

Thanks Nikki's Blog.

Best,

Shrig

 
At Tuesday, November 14, 2006 12:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

November 3rd? What the hell?

Where are you?? I got snark to use.

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:38:00 AM, Blogger ditzymoi said...

not only are you a bad mother for not posting halloween pics....
YOURE A BAD BLOGGER!! where are you????

 
At Thursday, November 16, 2006 10:06:00 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Hey where have you been? Just checking back for new posts! Missing ya.

 
At Thursday, November 16, 2006 11:54:00 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

I swear I posted a "where are you, miss you lots" comment and now I don't see it. So here it is again.

Where are you? Miss you lots. lol.

 
At Thursday, November 16, 2006 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Oh freakin retard! You have to approve it that's why I don't see it. lol, okay I'm not all there today. ahah.

 
At Thursday, November 16, 2006 5:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see my post either. :( I was just kidding about the nagging. I just miss your postings, that's all. Hope things are going well :)

 
At Friday, November 17, 2006 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Hope everything is ok with you and yours!

 
At Tuesday, November 21, 2006 7:03:00 PM, Blogger Pendullum said...

Nikki!!!!!!!!!
Please come out we are desperate to know that you are safe... that your family is safe... and we forgive you for not posting the Hallowe'en pics...
E-mail me....Please....Pretty Please with sugar on top???

 
At Tuesday, November 21, 2006 8:18:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

Pretty soon we're going to start asking for thanksgiving and then Christmas pictures at this rate.....

Hope all is going well.

 
At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 8:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time visiting... it seems we are near neighbors... I'm from Prince WIlliam County, just up the road.

Hi.

 
At Monday, November 27, 2006 2:49:00 PM, Blogger mollymcmo said...

i like crack too!

still have halloween candy over here and its mid november...

the chocolate is all gone though, wonder by whom???? LOL!

m

 
At Monday, November 27, 2006 9:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmm Nikki, ?????

has anyone heard anything from our dear sweet Nikki>???

I would like to know that she is alive and well and that her family is all okay ?

been concerned here.

 
At Thursday, November 30, 2006 12:00:00 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

COME BACK - WE MISS YOU!

 
At Thursday, November 30, 2006 7:52:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

NO NO, STAY AWAY, ITS MORE PEACEFUL.....

 
At Saturday, December 02, 2006 6:19:00 PM, Blogger Kevin Charnas said...

Nikki! Stop it, listen, NO!!! I'M NOT GOING TO DO IT AGAIN! THAT WOULD BE LIKE THE 80th TIME! GET YOUR TONGUE OUT OF MY MOUTH AND GO BLOG!!!
people want to know that you're okay....yes, I think it's been fun making out too, but you've got to go blog, my hottie-pa-tottie...and don't tell Charles about me...just keep telling him I'm gay and I'm giving you decorating ideas, okay?

miss you and hope that you're okay. :)

 
At Monday, December 04, 2006 2:09:00 PM, Blogger Pendullum said...

Come back out and play Nikki...
We all miss you sooooooooooooooo................

 

Post a Comment

<< Home