Monday, April 10, 2006

My Love for Animals

Spring is coming for the rest of America, at my house, the new season is Shedding and Spider Season.

It is NOT my choice to have spiders, they just seem to like my house, specifically, my bedroom. I don't know why this is. They know I'm going to kill them, so why do they show up? It's like the extended version of "Arachnophobia". I could probably handle this a bit better if they weren't so big that they looked like they work out. I can see them doing the creepy-crawly walk across my ceiling and I scream and throw my shoes at them until they die and fall to the floor. I scoop up their squished little bodies, sometimes one hairy leg at a time, and throw them in the trash while doing the HeeBee GeeBee boogie and saying something along the lines of "EWWW! NASTY! GROSS! OH! SO GROSS! HARRY LITTLE BASTARD! JEZZ HUBBY! LOOK AT THIS ONE WOULD YOU! IT HAS BICEPS AND A 6 PACK!". Erstwhile, my husband looks at me like I am the biggest idiot on the face of the earth and burrows his head under the pillow. Go figure.

We have a Pomeranian who L named Spud. No really, that's his actual name. You know, as in little potato (or potatoe for all you Dan Quail fans) We also call hum fuzzy, buddy, fuzzy buddy, and fuzzy butt. He is a sweet, sweet dog and gives me hugs and loves attention. He is also the furriest dog God ever put on the planet. Every time we brush him, it looks like a mouse got caught in the brush, and you can forget him cooperating with you while you try to groom him.

The cats, oh wow, the cats. We have 3. Yes, I said 3. On the good side, they're all short hairs, but you can forget brushing them to help cut down on the amount of fur we inhale. A bath! HA I say! I'm in constant fear that they will dehydrate and die because they dislike water so intensely. I've even tried squirting them with a squirt bottle, but for some reason they don't seem to like it.

I would dip them all in Nair but that would cause chemical burns and scratching.(I'm a rocket scientist, I know) I have considered making all the cats outside only cats (they are currently inside/outside cats) but I would be worried about them since we have a feral colony of cats by our house. The neighbors have started humanely trapping them, but most of them are still there, and I would be worried my pillows buddies would have scabs if they stayed out all the time ( scabby pillows! - shudder - that's the gross out thought for the day). I guess I should really stop fussing about it. What's a little fur when compared to the love they give? Besides, I can always vacuum them. GRIN

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:22:00 AM, Blogger St Jude said...

So glad I'm not alone in my spider hunting. They prefer our bathroom. Not the best when they decide to hang around in the shower with you. Or wait until you are sinking into a nice warm bath and then plop, there's one doing the front crawl towards you. I tried being kind and putting them outside, but I think they just told all of their little friends and now they are running amok.

 
At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:58:00 AM, Blogger Attila the Mom said...

AIIGGHGH!! Spiders! I feel for ya there!

All three of our doggies are going for their annual spring visit to the beauty parlor today to get their summer do's.

Nothing worse than picking a zillion brambles out of a yorkie's coat! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home