Thursday, April 20, 2006

Yum

This year I want a garden full of veggies right there in my own backyard. I want to be able to walk out of my back door, yank an ear of corn or three from the stalk and cook 'em fresh. I will mound REAL butter on top, sprinkle a little salt, admire the glistening yellow kernels - so much like gold - as the butter slips down the slide and rests wetly on my plate. Only after I have scooped up the butter and smeared it thickly over every kernel - every nub - will I attack it like a vicious animal. I can't wait to hear and feel the kernels explode in my mouth. CRUNCH The juice will run down my chin and I will try vainly to wipe it away, only to have it replaced with more from the next bite. I won't even fuss about it getting stuck in my teeth.

I want fresh green beans. I like to hear them squeak when I gobble them down. A little salt, a little pepper will do just fine. Hubby and L particularly like green been caserole with fried onion toppings - I'll have some of that too.

I want fresh onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots and radishes. Lots of fresh lettuce and a few cabbages. Peppers lots of peppers- banana and sweet orange are my favorite, throw in some jalapenos for spice. Can't you just see your plate infront of you with all the yummy veggies chopped appropriately, waiting patiently, drizzled lightly with a light vinegrette?........

This diet sucks. Damn pants shrank in the dryer - it's a damn conspiracy is what it is. ME - GAIN WEIGHT? FAH! Stupid damn pants.

7 Comments:

At Thursday, April 20, 2006 2:35:00 PM, Blogger St Jude said...

Ooh please, no more I'm starving. I've got a pair of trousers just like those. The damned things are always shrinking.

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2006 3:40:00 PM, Blogger Misha said...

That sounds so awesome, but like soo much work! I'm so lazy...

But I still remember shelling peas in my great-grandmother's kitchen and eating tomatoes warm off the vine, sliced with a little salt, from my other grandmother's garden.

Good times.

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2006 4:00:00 PM, Blogger Charlie said...

It is not the pants, Madam, it is the dryer. HAH! You thought I was going to say something else.

A garden. I wish we could have one here--especially 'maters. The ones in the store feel and taste like baseballs.

Your descriptive prose has my mouth watering. Translation: I'm sitting in a puddle of drool.

 
At Friday, April 21, 2006 6:35:00 AM, Blogger Panacea said...

Who would think I of all the people would be drooling over veggies?

But your delicious post has got me wanting a yummy veggie salad.

 
At Friday, April 21, 2006 8:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Grief, sounds great! We have tomatoes and strawberries. Sweet, wonderful strawberries.

good luck, sounds like a whole lot of work to me :-)

Aunt Lynn

 
At Friday, April 21, 2006 8:55:00 AM, Blogger Rhonda said...

We have the same pants.

I wish we had the same garden.

 
At Friday, April 21, 2006 6:32:00 PM, Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Oooh, I'm so jellus! Used to be able to garden (my favs were eggplant and tomatoes) but had to give it up when we moved to the mountains. :-( sniff sniff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home