Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I'm Just Pissed Off

***WARNING*** If you have a problem with bad language - now is the time to leave this post.

Yesterday I posted a welcome home to my brother, whom I deeply love and respect. In said post, I stated clearly that it was not a forum for debate over the war in Iraq. Most of you put aside political beliefs and sent kind words and a welcome home to Jay, and I truly thank you for taking the time and effort to welcome him home. Your comments have really touched me and I'm sure they will touch Jay as well. However, a few of you decided to ignore the fact that my post was not meant for the opportunity to let your feelings be known on the war, and let it all hang out. A couple of you commented at such length that you should have put something up on your own blog. One of you even had the damn nerve to talk shit about ALL the soldiers in Iraq. I am sorry to say that I didn't keep them. I sincerely wish you could read for yourselves the hurtful and ugly things that these fools were spewing forth.

I admit, I tried to let it go, to make Jay's welcome home as nice as possible and to ignore the sorry rat ass bastards that are just trying to stir up shit - but I can't. I will no longer sit idlely by, while you run your dumb ass mouths.

The following is for the above mentioned idiots who need to grab the tweezers and go play with themselves.

To all of you who sent me shitty comments - go fuck yourselves. I support our troops. I support the war in Iraq, the war on terror, tapping phone lines of potential terrorists, and I even LIKE George W. Bush! I support anything and anyone that makes my country a safe place to live for me, my family, and yes, even your sorry ass.

If you have you have an issue with our soldiers - WHO SACRIFICE THEIR LIVES - hunting and killing the people who slammed airplanes into the Twin Towers, the Pentagon and into a field in Pennsylvania killing THOUSANDS, it's you that should be shot.

Is killing the bad guy the problem for you? What would you have us do? Should we send a note of apology to them? Dear Bad Guy, Sorry we offend you with our beliefs. We will try as soon as possible to stop believing in all things good, and just believe what you and the media want us to. Signed, The Great Satan.

Hell, I say shot 'em up! Fuck them! I had friends in the Pentagon, damn it! I was a soldier! I too, have defended your right to be a dumb ass.

Do you have any idea how you make our soldiers feel when you tout your crap? These are living breathing human beings for Christ sakes! Think what you are doing to their moral! Think how you are effecting their families with the shit that flies from your mouth. What about the families of the victims of 9/11? You are a bunch of mealy mouth, yellow backed bastards. You are so set against "Big Brother" that you forget that he is called that because big brothers PROTECT you.

I will never say that I agree with everything Big Brother does. Being an American gives me that right, but I will never say that I take a soft stance on terrorism either. I will never say that I hate all Muslims, I don't, but I do hate all religious radicals - regardless of religion. I will never say my opinion is the only correct one, but I do say that dumb shits like you should not be allowed to speak in public.

I welcome all your comments to this post, regardless of your opinions. We all have the freedom of speech. Just remember, it's those soldiers, whom you so vehemently malign, that defend your rights.
*************************************************************************************
Please go here to read Misha's post for further words on this subject.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:05:00 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Good for you for taking this stand, and piss on them all! Regardless of how you feel about the war, EVERYONE has a duty to welcome these soldiers back home with open arms, glad they have survived. Chances are someone they went out with didn't. How would these assholes feel if twice a year some random person in their workplace died. And you never know when it'll be your number chosen. To your little brother, a big welcome back, and I'm glad you're safe.
Heather
Personally anti-war, but *extremely* supportive of our troops!

 
At Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:14:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Welcome Heather, and thanks. I am anti-war as well. Not in the beginning though, but it's past time we packed our shit and left.

 
At Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:56:00 PM, Blogger Misha said...

Hoorah!

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Charlie said...

Hear hear, Nikki!

I too was a participant in an unpopular war (Vietnam), because I felt it was my duty as an American to serve and not run to Canada--or, like today, hiding behind a safe computer screen.

My grandfather served in WWI; my dad in WWII. We are three generations who risked our lives so others might live theirs. Were we warmongers and baby killers? Fuck no. Just the opposite: we cared about people all over the world.

Just like your brother. Thank him again for me.

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 11:28:00 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Charlie, I thank you as well. My father was in the Vietnam War. My father-in-law was in the Korean War. My grandfather was in WW1 and his father in WW2. They all came home.

Thank you all.

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 2:16:00 PM, Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Dayum, Girl!

What did I miss?

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 4:49:00 PM, Blogger Sven said...

My brother-in-law was in the first gulf war. He was in the 82nd Airborne demolitions team. I met my wife (then girlfriend) while he was stationed in Saudi Arabia. As an idealistic know-it-all liberal college punk I rarely kept my feelings about the war and George H. W. Bush secret. The thing I learned most during that time was that there is a precariously thin line between what we say about the war and what we say about the troops. Just as it seems trivial to “show support” by slapping a magnet to the ass of my car, it’s also not enough to simply say "I support the troops but not the war" because for many families, or least my in-laws, it is tough to separate the two. As I got to know my brother-in-law I was appalled by some of the stories he told and yet I have the greatest respect for him because he has accomplished things most of us could not even fathom.

Although my feelings about war, and the Bush family, haven’t changed much I have certainly learned to be considerably more thoughtful in the way I talk about them.

Thanks for the opportunity to share.

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:59:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Sven, your thoughts and opinions are welcome. I quite enjoy your blog. Let's just agree to disagree on politics and leave it alone.

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 9:00:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Lady, Thank you for stopping in. These words of thanks and appreciation are for them too.

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 9:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought I'd say give your bro a big welcome home from us. Read the one about Charles and the bathroom too.....had a good chuckle. Love ya's
Crystal

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:59:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Hey Crystal! Long time not hear! Hey everybody, meet Crystal. Her hubby and my hubby we bestest buds overseas. Her hubby has been to Iraq as well. She has had to be a single married mom more than once while hubby was deployed. Our hats are off to you all too. Tell Vinnie and Anne we said hello.

 
At Thursday, April 13, 2006 11:04:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Lady, don't worry. I knew what you meant.

 
At Friday, April 14, 2006 8:53:00 AM, Blogger Sven said...

Nikki:

"Let's just agree to disagree on politics and leave it alone."


That's my point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home