Friday, May 12, 2006

Back in a Bit

Well everyone, I'm going to be gone for a couple of days. (dry your eyes)

My mother is coming to visit and I get to abuse her in person instead of having to do it via telephone and blog. (insert evil laugh here)

She's flying in from Albe-q-q New Mexico (you can figure it out). The last time I saw her was when Connor was 7 weeks old and had his surgery. She flew in to help. (THANK GOD!) She was our savings grace - literally. She is an RN and really helped sooth me when I thought the world was crashing down around me. I felt so totally at ease letting her tend to Super Baby. There is no one else on the face of this earth that I would have trusted to watch him, and I mean that.

And to answer the inevitable question...my mother loves Charles. Charles loves my mother. They get along great! I often joke that if he and I ever get a divorce, my mother will take his side. (this of course is not true - she would support me publicly and slap me silly privately for letting such a good man get away.)

I do however, have a couple of things for your viewing pleasure...pictures


Charles, Me and Lauren

August 1998

(This is the only picture of me in my wallet, so that's all you get)

Lauren was 4 months old. ISN'T SHE CUTE! You are allowed to drool over hubby - just not to much.

Yes the curl is natural.


NEXT!










My little angel Lauren. October 2000. This was taken while we were stationed in Mannheim, Germany. The play ground was just behind our housing.

Yes, yes, you are so right. She is adorable.

NEXT!








Lauren April 2002.

You just can NOT tell me she isn't cute. LOOK AT HER!

Yes, that's a real bunny.

NEXT!












My Lauren again - Sept 2003. Beautiful isn't she.

She looks just like her mother. (grin)




NEXT!










Lauren April 2005




The most beautiful girl child on the face of the earth. (to me any way)






NEXT!








Lauren March 2006 - It's okay...you can envy me.






NEXT!















This is Super Baby, aka Connor.

Oct 2005

I've been so lucky that both of my kids are happy kids.
None of that sour puss stuff unless they are sick. I accomplish this by slipping drugs in their milk. (NOT)

NEXT!



Crap, I can't get this next one to load. It's one of him and Santa. It's the same Santa that the White House uses. Best damn Santa I've ever seen, and Super Baby looks extremely cute. Oh well, use your imagination.

NEXT!







Super BABY! Connor April 2006.

I'm surprised he is smiling at all in this picture. He was, and still is suffering from dual ear infections.

He went back to the doctor today and they put him on another round of high strength antibiotics. Poor kid. He just can't catch a break.

He's still cute as hell in his little bermuda shorts and Dockers shirt though. Still no hair or teeth. sigh.

That's right, blow kisses at the screen. It's okay, no one can see you but me.


Well, that's it. I hope you enjoyed the tour thru the pictures in my wallet.

Hope you all have a great weekend and to all those mommies out there...

HAPPY MOMMIES DAY!

---------------

My thanks to Blind Squirrel Studios for the pictures.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At Friday, May 12, 2006 3:12:00 PM, Blogger j.sterling said...

ahhhhhhhhhh!! SO CUTE!!!!!!! great pics!!!! okay, so have a great weekend and happy mother's day and all that jazz! :)

 
At Friday, May 12, 2006 3:41:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Nikki,
Happy Mother's day!!!
Your kids are ADORABLE!!! ADORABLE I tell you. And if you don't believe me, check out the Caps!! :)
Now, (as always) I really want to have kids. Only I hope mine just pop out (without the labour pains) and look as adorable and happy as yours.

 
At Friday, May 12, 2006 4:10:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Jenn - Thanks

Me - Thanks so much...and I wish mine could have popped out with out the labor pains too. Unfortunately, when I had Connor, the epidural didn't work.

 
At Saturday, May 13, 2006 10:53:00 AM, Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Awww, they're soooo cute.

Have a great time!

Happy Mother's Day!

 
At Saturday, May 13, 2006 3:48:00 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

What a gorgeous family - all of you.

Happy Mother's Day!

 
At Saturday, May 13, 2006 4:14:00 PM, Blogger St Jude said...

Have a great time with your Mom she sounds wonderful. Your children are so lovely, thank you for sharing them with us.

So I gather for you good people it is Mothers day around now. Ours is in March.

Happy Mother's day, enjoy.

 
At Sunday, May 14, 2006 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Charlie said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

How do I know that you have 25 photo albums with approx. 49,000 photos in them. Hmm?

A beautiful family, Nikkers. I don't, however, notice the natural curl in Charles' hair. Sorry.

 
At Sunday, May 14, 2006 5:31:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Rhonda - thanks Rhonda. I just look good because the cuteness rubbed off from Lauren.

St. Jude. - of course I'll share. I'm a mother after all, and just like any other mother out there, I show my pictures to anyone who'll look.

Happy Belated Mother's Day to you!

Admiral - to bare the horrible truth, I have 2 photo albums. I am the worst picture taker ever and have really gotten flayed over it from more than one person in my family. My HIL has taken to giving me disposable cameras along with self addressed, postage paid envelopes so all I have to do is take the pictures and send her the camera.

Despite how she treats me, she loves my children, and I feel kind-a bad about it. Just not bad enough to but any effort into taking more pictures than necessary.

...and as far as Charles' hair goes... smart ass. LOL

 
At Monday, May 15, 2006 3:47:00 PM, Blogger Kevin Charnas said...

SSOOO Cute! Love the pictures...quite adorable. Hope that you had a terrific Momma's Day!

 
At Monday, May 15, 2006 11:14:00 PM, Blogger Dustin said...

....and a happy belated mothers day to you my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home