Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Operation: Lose That Ass - Week 3

Yes, I know I'm a day late. Sorry. Home and work have kept me busy.

Let's see. My weight - I've lost 1lb. LOL But my pants do fit so much better. I've put my 16's away and am now firmly in my 14 - did you get that? I said FIRMLY (I have a very active imagination). LOL

Sorry for no picture. Last week it wouldn't load and this week I didn't take one. Or rather Charles wasn't around to take it. He is with his parents this week in the mountains of NC.

I'm sure that weight loss would have been better if I could have gotten up on time to work out. I have to do mine in the morning and I slept late almost every single day last week, but never fear, I'm back on track.

I gave yoga another try this morning and I really liked it so I plan on doing more of that. The pilates hate me, but I'm trying to make friends.

Lauren woke up early this morning and walked in on my working out. "Mom, what ARE you doing?"

"excersizin' baby"

"You don't look like that lady on TV"

"I know Sweetie, that's one of the reason's I'm doing this."

"Well, not just that, but you aren't doing it like her."

"I know sweetie. I seem to have some trouble getting into the Warrior pose."

"Warrior pose?"

"Yeah, I think that's what this one is called."

Pause

"You're weird Mom."

"Thanks sweetie. Now go back to bed, you don't have to be up for another hour."

"Weird-o"

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 10:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love it that she called you a weird-o! when i go for my power walks aaron starts moving his arms and walking really fast trying to immitate me. little shit. good job on the size 14. keep up the good work.

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Sayre said...

Congratulations on your pound and your 14s!!!

When my son was in kindergarden, he had a hard time sitting still. He's kind of like an Irish Setter - without exercise they get a little nuts. So I came up with this brilliant idea to get him up early and make him do exercise shows with me. We did it for a week. And every morning I was subjected to: how come you can't reach like that? You're supposed to kick higher, Mom! THEY'RE not marching in place...

After that I made him run laps around the front yard.

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 11:04:00 AM, Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Congrats on the 14's.

I went to the thrift store yesterday and bought a whole pile of pants that are WAY too small. Oh, the HUBRIS!!

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Nikki - yeah, she gave me big boost of confidence with her weird-o remark LOL. Precisely why I work out when everyone else is sleeping. LOL

Sayre - thank you! I was tickled.

The story about making your son run around the yard made me laugh out loud. Lauren had grown to attached to the TV there for a while and I used to make her do that for excersize. These days, the TV is not allowed on unless I say so...and I rarely say so. I hate that damn thing.

Joy - I didn't even think of the thrift shop. I'm going to have to take a look at that. Thanks

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 12:15:00 PM, Blogger Los said...

Your daughter is an absolute riot!

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 12:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Se's right, you are weird....

Good job so far.

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 12:36:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

She's right, you are weird.

Good job so far.

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 1:00:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Christina - yeah, sure I miss you SNERK. Yeah I do actually. GET TO BOGGIN'!

Los - Yeah, she' pretty funny.

Carm - Thanks - both times. LOL

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 2:54:00 PM, Blogger Elle*Bee said...

Congrats on losing a pound! If you're trying to make friends with Pilates, there's a decent DVD out there called The 10-Minute Solution. It has 4 or 5 ten minute workouts that target different areas. I bought it because my attention span doesn't last longer than 10 minutes, but I've had okay results with it, in terms of toning. (Plus it's hard for me to make an excuse as to why I can't spare 10 minutes.) Just a suggestion.

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Slowly but surely - and that is the only surely way, I think. For me, I don't know how I am doing. Things in life are really hectic, but I haven't missed a workout so that is something!

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Mama C said...

Congrats on your 14s!

And keep on sleeping in. YOu deserve it for working so hard. And you should probably eat a couple of Twinkies too, just to celebrate. I can hear them calling you: NIIIIIKKKKIII!! EAT ME!!!

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:16:00 AM, Blogger 34quinn said...

hey you ! copy cat..size 14 too !!whoohoo good for you.!!
I love it that your kid thinks you are a weirdo. hahaha too funny.

I thought I had uploaded a photo on my blog to go with my post. when i check edit my post it shows it as being uploaded but when I go to my blog I dont see the pic. so did it load or not >????

Keep up the good work I love competition.. you are gonna give me a run for my money !!!
congrats again.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 4:58:00 PM, Blogger Superstar said...

I love Yoga....The first 6 weeks was the WORST!! I was in a class of 20 when in Frog pose I let on RIP!!! I was so freaking embarassed...Then the teacher encouraged!!! Yes ENCOURAGED the movement of gas...something about the body pushing out toxins....LOL ;o) I didnt go back...If I am going to "push out toxins"...I would rather do it in the privacy of my own living room!

CONGRADS!!! WHOOO HOOOOO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home