Friday, September 08, 2006

Mini Humps

Hey Everybody.

I'm going to be taking a bloggin' break. My friends are moving in this weekend and it's going to take a while getting everyone and everything settled. I'll still be doing my Operation Lose That Ass updates and I'm sure a sporadic update here and there.

While I'm gone, I've got some of the blogs I read for you below.

Please don't be upset if you're not on this list. I tried to get to everyone and there was just no way for me to do it. I apologize Rain, Sophia, Rev, Wayne, Mama Tulip, Mama C, and about 50 more that I read. You guys rock too (except for Rain) and just didn't have time to do more.


A Bug's Life - Pan lives in Milan Italy. She's a teenager - 18 now I think. She's very sweet and I really like it that she takes a look at herself in an intellectual sort of way, and she's a lot of fun. My favorite posts of hers are of the signs.
Beer Drinking Scale - 0 - Sorry Pan, but here in the States, you're underage.

A Tykes Progress - St Jude is a woman among women. Gracious, thoughtful, funny and very down to earth. I quite like her and wish to high heaven that SHE had been my mother in law instead of this demon woman I'm cursed with now. My personal favorites of hers are her Experiments. Don't know what I'm talking about? To bad for you, cause they are FUNNY.
Beer Drinking Scale - 5 . She's just one of those people that you'd love to sit down and chat with.

An Allegorical Life - Kat is the woman! I love her quirky sense of humor. The woman has brains and sometimes just shocks me. She has kindly pointed out that I am not a fuckity fuck-fuck. She's such a sweetie.
Beer Drinking Scale - 5 - cause I would love to get this woman drunk and hear some of the stuff that she would come up with. Hey Kat..do you guys do confessions? ..and if you do, I'll get you really really drunk just so I can hear some of it. LOL


Call Me Soccor Mom and DIE - I love Christina - in that special non lesbian way. She constantly takes me by surprise. Her humor is so great. A gar-un-teed giggle if you go visit her - that is - if you have a good sense of humor. A real and gen-u-wine person.

Beer Drinking Scale - 4 - only because she's a preachers wife and it would freak my sinnin ass out...uh never mind, make that 5 cause she's funny.


Desert Odyssey - I love this guy. I have ribbed him endlessly and he has taken it with real grace and good humor. I mean, really, some of the shit I have talked to this guy...(snicker). I really like it when a man can take a joke and I just can't seem to fight off cracking on how a guy named Lucky Humped me and how good it was for me. (MUST. FIGHT. WISECRACKS)(wipes sweat from forhead)Lucky has a brain. His posts are intellegent with a sprinkle of "little kid" all at the same time. I enjoy his blog.

Beer Drinking Scale - 5 - because I think he's be a laid back kind of guy. I'd buy. (no this is not an attmept to get him raving drunk to take adv...sorry Lucky - I caught myself LOL)

DILLIGAF - this guy is fucking hilarious. I found him thru Lucky's blog. His blog title stands for - DO I LOOK LIKE I GIVE A FUCK. If you want to laugh up roarously, go visit him. To me, he gives off a real - I DON'T GIVE A FUCK attitude, and I respect that. He doesn't seem to be one of those people who secretly give a fuck but try to hide it. I get the distinct impression that he really doesn't give a fuck.

Beer Drinking Scale - 5, and I would buy them all, just to get him to tell me some stories and to hear him talk shit.

Dirty Laundry - OMG OMG OMG. This chick makes me knee slap sometimes. I distinctly remember one of her comments on my blog that made me laugh manically "so i'm immature, so blow me" I have loved her in that special non-lesbian way ever since. I like that she says what she means. I'm very excited about her being pregnant because it's such an awesome thing - even though it can be difficult and painful and piss you off because your body goes to shit. Don't sweat it - that little person is well worth it. Go read her blog. It's not all about pregnancy and what not - she just tells it like it is. (btw -- I'd be happy to make a baby blanket if you would like - just tell me the colors)

Beer Drinking Scale - 0 - sorry Becka, but the whole preganacy thing means no. I will however have several large cups of water with you and watch you run to the bathroom every 10 seconds.

Dooce - If you haven't read this lady you are really missing out. She is so so so funny. I don't read her everyday, I check in on her about twice a week and usually get a good giggle.

Beer Drinking Scale - 0 - this chick is on some meds and I don't want to introduce alcohol into her system. No thanks. Her writing is funny, but I wouldn't want to hang with her.

Dribblingwitt - This woman tells some of the best stories I have ever read. I don't know how to explain it other than that. I love her writing style and she comes across as secretive, but open at the same time. A great writer.

Beer Drinking Scale - 5 - cause I want to write like that one day.

Eva Las Vegas - What can I say about Kristin that most of us don't already know? She's great and now is a writer for MONEY. Say it with me kids...say writer for MONEY. ALL HAIL KRISTIN! You go with your bad self girlie.
Beer Drinking Scale - 5 - cause if I get her drunk, maybe I can talk her into getting me a job doing that same thing....oh wait, there's no publication out there that allows swearing...never mind...but I'd still drink a beer with her.

Fun With Hand Grenandes - Dread Cow takes you on a journey with his blog. I have read all of his archives up to the current day. He's a soldier deployed to Iraq and tells it like it is. I visit him often, though I rarely comment. This blog is important to me in a way since he and my brother are over there at the same time, though I don't think in the same place. He's currently on hiatus, but he's still worth your reading time. It'll open your eyes to what's really going on over there - sans mass media bullshit.
Beer Drinking Scale - 5 - cause he's over there doing what needs to be done, protecting all of our families. Dread Cow, I'd buy for you and all of your buddies if I ever have the chance.

Heather's Small Space -Heather is a gamer and she keeps her blog mainly to let her family know what's going on with her. Very nice person and can kick anybody's ass any day of the week with her crosstitching ablility.
Beer Drinking Scale - 3 - cause I'm jealous that she can cross stitch like that and the only thing I can do is tangle the thread.

If It Wasn't This It Would Be Something Else - one of the very few open and giving to a fault people I know, in or out of blogland. I'm proud to call her my friend.

Beer Drinking Scale - 5 - no further explination needed.

Jennster - this is the most fun chick out there. She's not about being a bitch or whatever, she is who she is. A very bubbly natural personality - very gen-u-wine. But don't go visit her if you don't want to be called a Fucktard or a Whore, cause she'll make you cry.

Beer Drinking Scale - 5 - cause I would love to see this chick drunk..er..as long as she doesn't puke or anything LOL

Kevin Charnas - you are missin out if you haven't read this guy yet. He is fuckin hysterical. There has been more than once where I have spit something on my computer screen. He's genuinely funny. He doesn't give me the vibe where he has to stretch it - he just is who he is.

Beer Drinking Scale - 5, but only if he brings Will and that chick he keeps talking about that over heard the conversation thru the bushes. SUCK IT SUCK IT. Don't know what I'm talking about? to bad for you. It's one of the funniest posts ever.


Memoirs of Misha - My soul sista. Misha is a truely twisted individual that somehow makes the rest of us believe she's normal (yeah right). She's a belly dancer!! (Go Misha! Go Misha) She's also one of the biggest smart asses on the face of the earth. LOL I love her humor.
Beer Drinking Scale - 5 - cause she is friggin hilarious and I can see a table full of us bullshitting and hurling spit balls at men.

Mhitheag - a photo journal. They take a pink bag with them on their travels - great theme.
Beer Drinking Scale - 1 - I don't know them, but would like to sit down and have them tell me all the places that they've been and all the things they've done. A bit scary though, since I don't know them at all.


Now What The Hell Do I Do - Nikki is an absolute trip. She can talk some shit buddy, let me tell you - a trait I rather admire LOL. She's all about her son Aaron and loves her some Elvis sighting Wednesdays.
Beer Drinking Scale - 5 - she's just cool like that.

Oh, The Joys - I enjoy - really enjoy that she is not afraid to make fun of herself and is very honest. She just gives me that "I am who I am" vibe and I like it. She talks a lot about butts and poo b/c she has wee ones and that's what moms do. But, I have to say, in my opinion, no one else could talk about butts and poo and make it funny like she does. Not gonna happen. I also think is terriblely funny that she claims to love to cuss, though I have never seen her do it. LOL

Beer Drinking Scale - 5 - cause I think she is friggin hilarious and anyone who can make butts and poo sound fun ...I wanna drink a beer with 'em - then tell them the terrible, horrible truth about how butts and poo are icky and gross and she really needs to get a grip on reality...nah, never mind, it'd fuck up her blog.


Only Happy When It Rains - Claire takes some really beautiful pictures and has a great photo blog. I just love her photos. We've shared a couple of emails and I really have to say that she is such a lovely person, one of those people that you enjoy knowing.
Beer Drinking Scale - 5 - even though I'm afraid if I got her drunk, I wouldn't be able to understand what she was saying because of her accent. LOL
Rhonda's Ruminations - I've touched on her before. You will have a hard time finding someone who will touch your soul like Rhonda can. She has a true gift. She can get inside you sometimes and give you the shivers and make you cry. I love her blog.
Beer Drinking Scale - 5 - cause I want to write like her too.

Seriously My Vay-Jay-Jay - This chick comes up with some of the most off the wall stuff I have ever run across. She's a nurse, which is what originally got me reading her. My mom's a nurse, thus the initial interest. The penis postings are by far my favorite, just because NO ONE ELSE ON THE FACE OF THE BLOGOSPHERE has post 2 or 3 back to back postings on biological man leashes. She will trip you out.

Beer Drinking Scale - 3 - because nurses see some scary shit and have to tell you all the gory details and I'm not quite sure if she's that type of drunk or not, so she scores a 3 just because of the unknown factor. LOL (mom, you've scarred me)

Single Life In Your 30's - I'll never forget the first post I read of hers. She mentioned GAYDAR - as in radar for gay men. That is so funny to me. I laughed so hard. OMG. If you haven't read her yet - poor you. I especially like her comments because her (actions) are so visual for me. On the posting I did of the practical joke hubby did to me, she put in (unpacks bags) and I saw her do it in my head. I love that shit.

Beer Drinking Scale - 5 - cause she's funny, goes to a lot of bars, and we could probably get in free at the majority of them. That's my kind of drinkin buddy right there. LOL


Labels:

20 Comments:

At Friday, September 08, 2006 5:04:00 PM, Blogger Sayre said...

Oh, fun! Of course, I may have to stretch them out or I'll get fired or never get anything done ever again - oh, wait... I'm there already. Not fired, but I sure as hell don't get much done at home anymore.

Have fun getting your friends settled in. It's time consuming and exhausting and it gives you the munchies. Oops, wait... that's me again.

I hope they bring lots and lots of cake for (ahem) Charles to thank him for his generosity in space-sharing. Maybe he'll let you have a piece...

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006 5:38:00 PM, Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

We'll miss you! Come back soon!

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006 5:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally reserve the right to harass you via email. nikki withdrawl would just not be good waht with all the shakes and drooling and such.

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006 5:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and we don't do traditional confession, but i am a practiced participant in the downward spiral of TMI - just as entertaining without the ritual formalities.

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006 8:17:00 PM, Blogger Pendullum said...

Nikki...
What the?
Whaddya mean yo are too busy for USSSSSS?????
What am I going to do for my morning snark fest????
I will checkout the other bloggers...
and right back at you Madame...
You were one of my first blog discoveries... You rock woman...
I will miss you...But will be here when you return!

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006 11:12:00 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

How long are you going to be gone? Those are a lot of blogs there, sister!! But, because I am good and obedient, I am totally checking them all out. Hooray for new blogs!

Hugh is fishing over at Catalina this weekend so I thank you for your lovely compliments because they are what I am snuggling up with tonight.

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 4:01:00 AM, Blogger Panacea said...

oh god, I am underage in the States! How weird is that? Italy doesnt even have a drinking age (or nobody knows/cares about the drinking age here)

Have fun with your friends. Everyone's going to miss you a lot in the blogosphere. You're our personal source of entertainment after all :) Hope you come back soon!

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:49:00 AM, Blogger MQ said...

That was cool to read about who these other bloggers are, esp since I really don't have time to read as much as I would like, (raising kids an all that nonsense), as I see you are with my blog. *sniff, sniff, tear* ;)

But just for the record I am at least a 4 on the drinking scale. I'm not pregnant, I don't have an accent, I'm old enough, and I'm an alcoholic. :)

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Come back soon:)

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:05:00 PM, Blogger Kevin Charnas said...

Jennster totally makes me cry, especially when she pulls my hair...you know, down there.

Thanks for the mention, baby-doll-tender-love. I hope that you have a good break and I'll look forward to reading you when you start again.

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 4:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No apologies necessary. Thanks for the fab list of blogs for me to check out. :)

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 6:23:00 PM, Blogger Alcluith said...

Thanks for the mention! Actually, my accent wouldn't be an issue if I was drunk as after a couple of drinks I just fall asleep...;-) I'm sure Alison and Michael (Mhitheag)would be happy to chat about their travels - they're very nice and not at all scary in reality - the pink bag is from the wholefood co-operative that Alison's involved with. Anyway, have a good time with your friends - I look forward to hearing updates when you get back to the blog!

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to know that you are well and alive. good luck with the move in.. i will drink you under the table any day! i smell a future internet drinking contest. come back soon. i need somebody to talk shit with.

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:51:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

Still not as amusing as you are. I'm sure thre are going to be funnies ith your new guests moving in. I can feel it.

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

Excuse me, missy. Where in the hell are you going? Did you get a permission slip? I don't remember signing one. No, I distinctly do not remember signing one!

*yells* GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!!!

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 2:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

{jumping up and down clapping my hands}

I'm on the list!! Whoo hooo!!!

I got humped by Nikki!

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 2:35:00 PM, Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Pah! I'm seriously offended >:(

well, for all of 3 seconds

 
At Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:29:00 PM, Blogger Dr Joseph McCrumble said...

miffed

 
At Saturday, September 16, 2006 9:56:00 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I made the list! Wohoo! And Nikki, while you are absolutely a 5 on the drinking scale, I'm a 0. Can't handle alcohol at all. Sniff the cap and I start getting the giggles. At least I'm a happy drunk. And after I've gotten some into me (like ... half a drink... ) I'm a much better pool player! Then again, sober I suck, so it doesn't take much. Add in the medications which I can't drink with, and I don't think I've been drunk in 10 years. But, I make a great designated driver and will always hold your hair while you puke :) Oh the late night drunken stories I can tell. I think I feel a post coming on...


(belch)
Nope, just gas!

 
At Saturday, September 16, 2006 8:34:00 PM, Blogger mollymcmo said...

i am a happy slutty drunk, but slutty in a good way :)

obviously there is NO drinking at work :)

m

 

Post a Comment

<< Home