Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Feet Feet

Connor's vocabulary is finally starting to take off now that his ear infections seem to have mostly cleared up.

It's unbelievably cute.

There are some limits of course...I mean, he's not even two yet.

Almost all the body parts he's got. He can say feet, knows where his toes are, knows what I'm talking about when I tell him to put his arm in his coat and will pull his own hair on demand (what little bit he has), will poke me in the eye while pronouncing loudly EEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE etc etc...but now we're getting into the good stuff...animals.

On our trip to GA, Hero noticed some weird looking things in that big blue thing over our heads and he said his famous words...."What's 'at?" while pointing crazily. It took me a minute to get the clue that the Midget was pointing at - a bird in flight.

"Bird" I said.

"HUH?" - this is also a famous Connor phrase

"Bird" I repeated

"Huh?"

"Bird"

"Huh?"

"Bird?" - okay this is a little repetative.

"Huh?"

"Bird"

PAUSE "BIR"

"YES!!! BIRD!! VERY GOOD! GIMME FIVE!!!" Man I was proud. Little Dude said Bird. "Birds say Tweet Tweet"

"Huh?"

"Birds say Tweet Tweet. Birds sing and say Tweet Tweet"

"Huh?"

"Birds sing Tweet Tweet"

"Feet Feet Mommy! Feet Feet!"

Makes you pause for a moment doesn't it....I am so damn magnificent that the birds sing their praises to my feet.

You may now bow. ...no, all the way down...keep going. Yeah, okay, that's fine...but keep praciticing.

Labels:

18 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

excuse me, did you say "bow"?!?!?!

"I think not" says the chubby woman with the slice of carrot cake.

 
At Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:49:00 PM, Blogger carrie said...

I love the language explosion.

And -- it's nice to know that I'm not the only one with a wee one who says "huh?" at least 4 times after each question.

Carrie

 
At Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:53:00 PM, Blogger Chicky Pea said...

Bow, all the way down.... is this a theme today or is my mind stuck in one place? :-)

 
At Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:12:00 PM, Blogger minijonb said...

i loved the "GIMMIE FIVE" part... that's sweet.

 
At Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:25:00 PM, Blogger Woman with Kids said...

Must be the cute spring shoes... I'd bow to those. As long as I can remain seated.

 
At Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:30:00 PM, Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Rooster's just getting it too. So fun, no?

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, I wish I could remember what my kids were like at that age! It's not that long ago yet time passes too quickly!

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:28:00 AM, Blogger Art_Fulldodger said...

I talk the same way after 10 or 12 beers and a shot or two of Jose Q.

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Pendullum said...

'Makes you pause for a moment doesn't it....I am so damn magnificent that the birds sing their praises to my feet.'


Charles? I think that cat need to get stuck in the ducts again... As it is the only thing that can give Ms. Nikki a shake..
'birds singing praises to Nikki's feet....'HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Amy W said...

It's amazing the difference from ear infections to not...

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 1:51:00 PM, Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

OMG not without Lysol and an hour foot soak in alcohol. Ew.

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 3:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Rain, I still talk like that when drinking. Probably explains why my drunk dial victims couldn't understand a word I said. LOL!

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 3:45:00 PM, Blogger Scully's Moulder said...

Our littlest one has chronic ear infections, but he never complained about them at all. We wondered why he wasn't talking much. After the docs put tubes in his ears, his vocab took off like a rocket.

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:24:00 PM, Blogger *~*Cece*~* said...

In a few years you'll be telling him to shut up! lol

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 8:29:00 PM, Blogger Trouble said...

My son went through this ear problem, and to a degree is still going through it. He's going in for surger for his THIRD set of ear tubes next Monday.

 
At Friday, March 30, 2007 8:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toddler talk is always fun ...my all time favorite is always the "firefucks" ( fire trucks) little boys get so happy to see the trucks roll past when you are out and about and love to let everyone know ..at the top of their lungs all about the "firefucks!!!!!" hahahhaha

 
At Friday, March 30, 2007 12:18:00 PM, Blogger Sayre said...

Well... I suppose it's better than kissing your ass.

Quinn - re: "trucks". My dad got a new truck when my brother Matt (that would be #4 brother) was learning to talk. Our priest came over to visit and Matt proudly walked him out to the new truck, climbed into the bed and proclaimed that our dad was a "Big Fucker" now! Gotta give Fr. Perry credit. He rocked back on his heals and said that he'd always suspected that my dad was "fucker" at heart.

 
At Saturday, March 31, 2007 12:40:00 AM, Blogger DannieS72 said...

such a fun age! I wanted to teach my nephews that oranges were apples, cats were dogs, etc etc etc-you know really mess with his psyche. that dogs went meow, horses went moo. My bother wouldn't le me bsit sfter I started that trip. LLOL! go figure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home