Monday, March 12, 2007

I'm Human

Hmmmm

Should I apologize? No, I don't think so.

Admit to feeling a little guilty..well, maybe.

What can I do? I just don't have the time, that's all. I don't have time to read all of your blogs.

I'm a bad blogging buddy, but it doesn't mean that I'm not interested. It means that I can't respond to all of your comments because my computer won't load the new blogger, so I have to go to my email and click on the links from there. It means that if I get struck with writing inspiration, then I have to go to my email and save it there under draft and transfer it later. It means that my dial up takes forever. It means that I have to wait for free time at work before I can stop by.

It means that when I'm not reading your blog:

I am working, playing with my kids, cooking dinner, and straightening the pantry and closets. I'm doing laundry, I'm mopping the floor, I'm changing diapers, and catching up on my mountainous reading list. I'm talking to my mother, writing a short story, playing baby games, checking homework, meting out punishment, praying to GOD for patience. I'm screaming in my head, I'm feeling lonely, I'm agonizing over what to cook for dinner and talking to my man on the phone because he's always working. I'm chopping wood, cutting down trees, planing this year's garden. I'm checking the fire, buying new clothes for the kids, coloring my hair and discovering an Undercover Mary Kay agent in one of my blogging buddies. I'm discussing and helping design a jewelry box for Lauren's birthday that Charles is going to build. I'm drawing up plans for a coat wrack, and coffee and end tables that Charles is going to build. I'm taking Charles to Lowes to buy a Router to build all this stuff with. I'm having parent teacher-conferences with my daughters teacher. I'm searching for art classes for my daughter. I'm balancing the check book. I'm grocery shopping. I'm making appointments for work and personal life. I'm answering random pressing questions from both children ranging from - How do we know there's really a God - to - What's 'at?. I'm planning my exercise program and setting goals for myself. I'm stuffing my face with chocolate. I'm sleeping, I'm playing with my children. I'm thinking about tearing out the boarders that we put in around the house and putting something else in. I'm thinking about finally decorating the INSIDE house, old friends, and how badly I need a pedicure and manicure. I'm buying shoes - occasionally for me, but mostly for my kids. I'm drilling multiplication and division into one kid and the ABC's and 123's into the other. I'm fighting traffic, listening to funny noises from the car, I'm buying a new radiator. I'm buying new flower seeds, thinking about compost and praying The Thing (aka the tiller) will work this year.

I'm human.

Don't get pissed if I don't respond to you. I'm not ignoring you. I know you're there and I love it. I visit you, though not as often as I like and comment if I can. Besides, mostly what I'm doing when I'm not reading is having outrageously good sex with my husband....and I like yall and everything....but there is a line.

16 Comments:

At Monday, March 12, 2007 10:22:00 AM, Blogger Sayre said...

Don't EVER apologize for having a life!!!! Your days sound full and busy and you need to be there for them. We're just interested on-lookers who love you and your quirky take on the world.

Blogging is occasionally my sanity. I'm sure my husband gets tired of listening to my rants about Party Boys, flaking floors, and killer cats. Fortunately for me, you people seem to find it endlessly entertaining (ha ha!!!).

Besides... outrageously good sex with Charles is probably MUCH better than sitting on your ass and reading about my neighbors' loud habits.

We'll see you when we see you!

 
At Monday, March 12, 2007 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Woman with Kids said...

Sure, just rub it in... I'll just sit here, single and alone... not having sex while I ignore people's blogs.

:-)

 
At Monday, March 12, 2007 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Woman with Kids said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Monday, March 12, 2007 12:08:00 PM, Blogger Chicky Pea said...

You are having what? With who? That just isn't right!

 
At Monday, March 12, 2007 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Amy W said...

Completely understand. Am there myself.

 
At Monday, March 12, 2007 2:20:00 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

There's life outside of the computer. Don't worry, or apologize. We get it.

 
At Monday, March 12, 2007 2:43:00 PM, Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

No one likes a braggart.
*middle finger*

I skimmed your excuses. Unacceptable. Comment or I send my kids to your house. I mean it this time. I'll do it.

 
At Monday, March 12, 2007 6:16:00 PM, Blogger Superstar said...

GOOOOD Gravey! How do you have time for all that?? Let alone a BLOG?!?!?!?

Holy Time management! I need another nap just reading your list!!!!

~looks for Red Bull~

Here maybe you could use this....

Smooches.

 
At Monday, March 12, 2007 7:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! You have a life? How dare you!!1!3!eleven :) Have many Calgon take me away days? Whew! I read "chopping down trees" and had to go get some coffee to have enough energy to make it through the rest of the list. Wow.:)

 
At Monday, March 12, 2007 8:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

soooooo Nikki.....
....don't hold back ..
....can you tell us how you really feel ????

lmao that was fabulous..and all us mom's totally empathize 100%..

 
At Monday, March 12, 2007 8:00:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

I think its assinine that people get pissed off that you dont comment on them or not responding.

You'll get to it when you get to it. No more, no less. Hell everyone falls behind in the commenting catagory.

 
At Tuesday, March 13, 2007 1:41:00 AM, Blogger stinkypaw said...

Glad to read that you do have a life and are living it! No need to appologize for that, please!

 
At Tuesday, March 13, 2007 5:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is quite a bit to do. But certainly no excuse.

*snickers and runs away*

 
At Tuesday, March 13, 2007 9:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel guilty, too. I have been so busy the past few months. I try to write in my blog more than visit others just so people know I am alive. However, for me, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. People who get mad will understand - eventually.

 
At Tuesday, March 13, 2007 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Oh hey, no reason to apologize. I think it's the story of all our lives.

Except the having outrageously good sex with your husband part. ;-)

 
At Wednesday, March 14, 2007 7:43:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

hee hee:) outrageously good sex with Charles - enjoy!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home