Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I've Been Gotten

My evil wench daughter knows all about revenge. I've taught her well it seems. Unfortunately, I'm the one she has gotten revenge against.

Damn it.

Me - Connor! Give Mommy kisses.

Connor - No!

Lauren - Say "EEEEWWWWWWWW" Connor!!!

Me - Lauren, don't do that. You'll teach it to him!

Lauren - *giggling* I know She turned back to her homework still giggling.

I rolled my eyes and smirked. "She has no idea how hard headed this kid is. He won't say it just to spite her." I thought to myself, and turned my attention back to the little kid entering his terrible two's who was currently rolling around on the floor giggling from my tickling fingers.

Me - Come ooooonnnnnn Connnnnerrrrrr! I sing-songed and tickled while he wriggled and giggled and tried to get away.

Connor - No Mommy! No!

Me - PLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE!! Mommies need kisses from little babies.

Lauren - Say "EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" Connor! Lauren said giggling.

Me - Blond child! (meaning Lauren) I'm gonna put you in the head lock. Lauren giggled and stuck her tongue out at me and turned back to her homework. She was having trouble immersing herself in the wild adventures and undiscovered territory of Ponce DE Leon.

I looked at Connor who had curled up in a protective ball to keep my probing fingers away from his belly, but it wasn't very effective in keeping me away from his ribs, feet and back. I paused for a minute - the poor kid was having a hard time catching his breath. I let him get a couple of good breaths and I walked my fingers up his back and watched him squirm.

Me - Coooonnnnnneeeerrrrrrr. Mommy really needs a kiss. Why don't you give Mommy all of your baby kisses. I couldn't help but laugh. He was curled up in a ball face down with his forehead on the floor and was squirming so hard I was afraid he was going to get rug burn on his face.

Connor - No MOMMY! *giggles* No! EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Icky Mommy! Yuck! *giggles*

Lauren jumped out of her chair with a resounding YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! and did a victory dance singing "oh yeah. Uh hu. Oh yeah. Icky Mommy. Nice and yucky. oh yeah. that's right. I said it. Can't stop it. I got it. You can't have it. Oh yeah." ...and just for your visual of her - she was dancing like an Egyptian and snapping her fingers with a pencil behind her ear and a piece of apple in her mouth.

I looked at Lauren "I'll get you later Shrimp." I said with mock menace. "Do your homework" and turned back to Connor who was watching his sister grove like she'd been taised. I picked him up and buried my face in his little neck and nibbled.

Me - Connor. I want my kisses, and I want them now little baby. I said softly.

Connor - *giggling* EWWW Mommy. No. No kiss. No.

Lauren - *snicker* I told you.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 21, 2007 12:23:00 PM, Blogger Chicky Pea said...

LOL. What a cute story. I so enjoy saying "I told you so" and so hate hearing it. I believe our daughters were separated at birth.

 
At Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:00:00 PM, Blogger Sayre said...

OMG, I can't stop giggling over the images. I only have one kid, but I grew up in a house with six. Multiply Lauren and Conner by three and you've got us - all snarky, "I'll get you", kids. Lauren would have fit right in.

... and you wonder where I got it from...

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2007 8:09:00 AM, Blogger Art_Fulldodger said...

I'm guessing Lauren takes after her Mommy. Not that thats a bad thing.......

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2007 8:47:00 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Rain - Yes she does. But I dance WAY better.

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2007 2:11:00 PM, Blogger Misha said...

You have created an evil mastermind. Just wait until they get older. Muahahahahaha!

When mine were younger, Ashlyn would be crying for some reason (tired, woke up on the wrong side of the bed, the sun was shining, the sun wasn't shining... pick one - she was one cranky baby) and Lauren would pipe up "I think she wants ice cream!" thereby making Ashlyn start to wail for ice cream.

Wonderful.

Can't say I miss those days - nowadays are much better.

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2007 7:13:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

Thats the probelm with being a wise ass. It gets passed on to the next generation and comes back to haunt you.

 
At Friday, March 23, 2007 7:53:00 AM, Blogger Pendullum said...

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! and did a victory dance singing "oh yeah. Uh hu. Oh yeah. Icky Mommy. Nice and yucky. oh yeah. that's right. I said it. Can't stop it. I got it. You can't have it. Oh yeah." ...


I love Lauren...
She does not fall far from the tree...

My question is where is there a hint of Charles in her??? as she seems to be all you, Darlin!
; )

 
At Saturday, March 24, 2007 8:10:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Oooh Lauren is a cheeky one. LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home