Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Noisy Mice

CRASH! BANG! THUD.

"L! What are you doing back there?!"

"I'm not doing anything!"


After a few minutes...

THUNK! THUD! BAM! BAM!

"L! What ARE you doing? Are you trying to tear down the house?" I open her bedroom door and she's looking at me. Face covered in innocence which makes me suspect her even more.

"I'm not doing anything mom!" I scan her room. There is nothing out of place, even the bed is made. I give her one more look and shut the door.
scratch scratch scratch .... scrape scrape scrape.......... BANG! CRASH!
"L! I don't know what you're doing in there but you better quit it. You're making entirely to much noise."
"But I'm not doing anything mom! HONEST!" That word makes me pause. Any time this child uses the word "HONEST" that way - she's up to something. I inspect her room. Not a crayon out of it place in the crayon box. Nothing is amiss. That really worries me - it means she's getting better at hiding it.
"Well if you're not doing it, and you are the only one in the back of the house, who's doing is then?"
"I guess we have noisy mice."
"Noisy mice huh."
"Uh huh" We both know she's fibbing, I just can't prove it.
After about 30 mins, I hear it again but faintly, softly.
scratch scratch thud squeak
I walk back to her room and open the door without warning. She turns around quickly with a look of surprise on her face. HA HA! I've caught her! RED HANDED! I look and there is nothing there. I look and look, getting very frustrated, mad and embarrassed that a seven year old is getting over on me. I walk back to the living room. "What's going on back there?" hubby asked - only mildly interested.
"I think she's making an H bomb."
"As long as she doesn't blow-up the house" he replies.
I guess you just get to that point sometimes.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 5:25:00 PM, Blogger Charlie said...

I LOVE classic kid stuff like this. Your sound effects are great.

 
At Thursday, April 06, 2006 1:30:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Charlie, my ego is going to explode if you keep complimenting me. Not that I mind. By all means, if the mood takes you, compliment away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home