Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Just beat em - the parents I mean - beat the parents

I was reading a new blog yesterday "Cheaper Than Therapy" , she has a posting about the show Super Nanny, and of course I must comment. Go here to read her post http://lilwalnutbrain.blogspot.com/

I've watched this show a couple of times, L loves this show, but I just can't watch it. It pisses me off so bad I can hardly stand it. You have all previously heard me complain about the heathens and their inept parents and this program shows you what I'm talking about. I freely admit to screwing up in the parenting department. All parents have. It's part of being a parent, and as we all know the little darlings don't come with instruction manuals. But the parents on these types of shows really need to get worn out a couple of good times for letting their children get that way.

Yes, you heard me right THE PARENTS. They are the ones responsible. I understand that a very miniscule fraction of them may have tried what they know to do and genuinely need help, but the rest of them are just lazy and give in because they want some peace and quite. Well, join the crowd. Welcome to real parenthood. Part of being a parent is not getting that peace and quite. It's not getting the time alone that most of us crave. Being a parent in and of itself is sacrifice. Again I say SACRIFICE.

I shall do a comparison for you so that you may understand what I'm talking about here. Let's say you put money away to invest it. You really miss that money, you could do so much with it if you just had it, but in the long run, your sacrifice gave you a bigger return - you got more for your money, but only if you invested for the long haul. (for all you smart people out there, I am not advocating putting your children away or sacrificing them - if that's what you got out of this, you need to reread).

To summarize - beat the crap out of the stingy, self involved, emotionally crippled, sorry ass parents anytime you come across them. They are the reason that there are miniature heathens running wild in restaurants and parking lots. It's their fault. GET 'EM!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 5:24:00 PM, Blogger Charlie said...

It is also parents who don't help their kids learn to read and write and count and spell, who let them watch any damn thing on whatever, who let their pubescent daughters run around almost nude at the mall . . .

You get the point. It is easy to blame the school system, church, and McDonalds for not raising our children properly . . .

Don't get me started, even though you have. Great essay.

And thanks for liking the litter box.

Admiral Poop

 
At Thursday, April 06, 2006 1:28:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Charlie! Thanks again for your link! I love your writing. You have an amazing gift.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home