Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Few Things

I'm sure some of you have noticed that I turned the word verification back on. I hate dealing with it, but I've been getting spam comments up the wa-zoo and I'm tired of it.

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments. I've seen some juvenile stuff floating around blogland and if you're going to leave me a shitty comment - you should have the cajones to give me your blog address so I can send everyone over there to give you shit, or at least cuss your sorry ass for setting up a temp blog to talk shit. Make no mistake, I will zing you and then I will ask my good friend
Carmachu to have a few words because he will rip you a new one (if you're lucky Happy Kat will go with him), and then I will ask Dirty Birdie to have a few words as well, because she's pregnant and will tear your ass up, and then you will bleed from all orifices and I will laugh at you while you bleed out on the floor.

My apologies to my family and others who may want to leave a comment, but are unable to do so because of this change.
Okay, on to other things ...

I would like to point your attention to my side bar. At the very bottom you'll find "Dormant Shit". I thought long and hard about putting that there, but finally decided that they should be moved out of my active links, but at the same time, I didn't want to delete the links all together.

I would like to especially recommend to you
Used Kitty Litter. My good friend Charlie writes/wrote this blog. Recently, he's been goofing around with it here and there, maybe we'll get lucky some day and he'll do a new post. This man has a brain, and he is SO DAMN FUNNY I almost stroke out.

I Hate You, New Guy Who Sits Next To Me - this chick is funny as hell. I ran across this blog a couple of months ago and was laughing so hard I couldn't breath. This is a blog full of zing, sarcasm and cutting humor. I highly recommend it. The new guy who sits next to her has finally moved and put her out of her misery, but go read it anyway, it's worth it.


I have also removed a couple of blogs from my links. I just got tired of them. They no longer held any entertainment value for me so they went bye-bye. I've got them book marked and I'm sure will go look in on them from time to time, but they're not so grand that they deserve a spot among my beloved blogs.


OH! I want to point you all in the direction of
Cheaper Than Therapy where Attila The Mom is giving advice on how to save on your grocery bill. Good stuff here. READ IT and save money. I have already done a couple of the things she has suggested and it's saved me dinero. Tell her hello. She is very gracious and has a wonderful sense of humor.

Well, since I'm pimping out some blogs here, let me continue to do so (just remember, I get 30% of what ever you earn)

Rhonda's Ruminations is a fabulous read. Some really heartfelt pieces are there. She's an animal advocate and vegetarian and just a good person. I don't get the vegitarian thing either, I like to eat things that go "MOO" entirely to much for that, but that just leaves more steak for Charles. (He told me to tell you he appreciates that Rhonda) She doesn't post but about once a week or so, but that seems to be because her home business is taking off and I'm tickled as hell for her. ((HUGS)) Rhonda. Shoot for the stars. (the sparklely things in the sky - not the over done things on the movie screen)


I would also like to direct you attention over to Jim's blogs. He has a few. There is Paradigms, Fredericksblog, River Voices and also one that he keeps for our local newspaper entitled That's My Story. He's pretty smart considering he's REALLY REALLY OLD and almost all of his brain cells are dead by now. (snicker) Pay him a visit.

I'm going to stop there because I don't want people to get all pissed because I didn't pimp them out. (SMACK! DON'T BACK TALK ME YOU BIYATCHES)

I catch everyone up on my visit to my HIL's as soon as glue hair back on my new bald spots.

Labels:

27 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 1:59:00 PM, Blogger Kathryn Craven said...

i must say that i am relieved to make the cut. at least i am not dormant...apart from in my mind, that is.

sorry about your hair. for a theatrical production in college once we had to make these skull caps that dianna-ross-hair would progressively come off of. i have no idea what the play was. i think one of the hair-loss characters was marie antionette (so?), though.

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 2:31:00 PM, Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

Ok, so I didn't make the cut. (shrugs) I can live with it. I mean, I only visit this blog like 50 TIMES A DAY to check for new posts, but you know. It's ok. I will ~sniffs~ be ok. So you like others more than me. I can handle it. ~wipes nose~ I just hope that the others who did make it are your true friends. ~blows nose~ Friends are important. I'm gonna go kick my dog now and yell at the husband. ~throws snot rag on Nikki's floor~

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 3:14:00 PM, Blogger mollymcmo said...

spams sucks, it just tastes bad.
may be better fried? hmmm, sometimes.

m

p.s. RCFUQHI, haha has fu and hi in my verification! LMAO! don't know why i find that funny. i just do.

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 3:51:00 PM, Blogger Los said...

As weird as it seems - I think of grocery shopping as game (much like the tv show) - I clip coupons like crazy and go through all the circulars ... my wife thinks I might have a problem.

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 3:56:00 PM, Blogger Farm Girl said...

I only leave you perfectly wonderful comments. I love you too much to do any less than that.

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 4:23:00 PM, Blogger stinkypaw said...

Comments up the wa-zoo, that must hurt! 8-0
If people really want to leave you a comment they will set themself up accordingly. Anyway, relatives tend to be more lurkers than commenters! (on my side anyway!)

I so agree with you about Charlie - miss him.

I'll keep an eye out for your suggestions. Thanks!

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:18:00 PM, Blogger Pendullum said...

I am going to all these sites...
If they are as twisted as you Ms. Nikki... I will be entertained for hours... You always get me laughing...
I, too, love Rhonda and Attila I heard about Used Kitty Litter too late...
You are so funny and glad that you have a possee to beat up the annonymous chickens out there...

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:32:00 PM, Blogger Sugared Harpy said...

Whoohoo! I stayed on! I get to be one of your Biyatches. Kickass.

And oh lordy, thank you for "I Hate You, New Guy Who Sits Next To Me." We should all do that, it's hilarious.

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:32:00 PM, Blogger Mama en Fuego said...

{{sniffle}} Thanks Nikki, you rock girlie.

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:22:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

Yeah, unfortunately, you HAVE To have the verification, otherwise spammers spam up your blog.


Yea! I get to play enforcer again! I'm so good at it.....

thanks!

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:28:00 PM, Blogger The Rev said...

You don't have to pimp me. I'm just glad I'm still linked.

But if you wanted to pimp me, I demand at least 60% of the income.

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:55:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

you guys have got to be kidding me, of course you stayed on.

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 9:17:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

...and Rev. ((SMACK)) I said no back talk. LOL

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:07:00 AM, Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Hey! Thanks for the shout!

As for the spam thing.

I got 556 anonymous comments in about 3 minutes the other day. Stupid AOL doesn't have a "delete all" button in new email, so I had to do it one by one. I wondered if I was the only one.

As much as I hated to do it, I had to turn on the word verification thingy back on too.

I hear ya, babe!

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:12:00 AM, Blogger happykat said...

I've got a BIG tail and I'm not afraid to use it. Just FYI in case you need a really fat, hairy goon in your corner, Nickalick.

Anyhoo, mark me down as another who misses bloggedy updates of the Poopster, but I'm happy I can still read some of his older stuff and his book. Poopsie, I love ya!!

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 4:43:00 AM, Blogger Kim Ayres said...

I still allow the anonymous comments because I live in hope that one day one of my non-blogging friends or family who profess to reading my ramblings will in fact leave a comment.

I've had the occasional arsehole post but deleting is easy enough.

For a long time I used to get livid over spammers commenting somewhere in a past entry. When it turned up in my mail box I had no idea which entry it had been posted to, so would have to trwal back through them all searching - determined that no spammer was going to stay on my site, no matter how long it took.

Then someone pointed out that the link in the email telling you you've got a comment actually links to the blog entry, making it dead easy to find.

I wish someone had pointed that out when I started.

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 4:52:00 AM, Blogger poet said...

good thing i kept an identity on blogger, otherwise i would not be able to leave you a comment. i enjoy your writing very much. enjoy your wednesday. sorry you have so much spam going on. some people just gotta ruin it for everybody else...like hackers, using their talents for evil instead of good. poet

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 5:02:00 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Awww man, like I didn't have enough blogs to read already! LOL

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 7:45:00 AM, Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

~whispers~ Ya all see how to work it with Nikki? Snivel and whine a bit and she gives you chocolate. CHOCOLATE! LOTS OF IT! *grabs another Hershey's bar and the peanut butter*

I wuv you in a non-lesbian way too. *blows chocolate pieces at her*

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 9:16:00 AM, Blogger carmachu said...

yeah well all that chocolate is nice, but I'd rather not blow up like a balloon after eating all that crap...

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 9:28:00 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Pendullum - (snicker) my posse. he he. And thank you. I really enjoy your blog as well. Your compliment has given me that warm fuzzy.

Melissa - I love that site. I have read that thing from front to back. She keeps another one - it's under her profile - it's funny too. I'll eventually link to it when I finally get around to linking to everybody.

Dirty Birdie - your welcome.

Attila - your welcome. My wallet likes you, thanks for your tips.

The spam comments - I had 45 one day. I got so mad. There's no need for that crap.

HK - Thank you. I have a very big bowl of milk here for you. I didn't spike it or anything.

Charlie! I know you're reading. We miss you.

Kim - some of my friends and family have left comments and I really enjoy it when they do, I love to hear from them, but the spam was getting out of control, and the stupid middle school stuff some people are pulling just kills me.

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 9:42:00 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Poet! - So good to see you again. I'm glad you kept a blogger ID. the spammers are just killing me.

Sam - You don't have to read me if you don't want. I won't throw a hiss fit or anything.

Jim - your welcome - and thanks for that visual. LOL

Christina - (slaps you around a bit)

Carm - I'm trying to get her to look like Kirstie Alley before her Jenny diet. LOL

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:55:00 AM, Blogger carmachu said...

Good plan. I like it.

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Miss Keeks said...

I miss Charlie's posts too. He was great. I love it when people are funny, smart and can still make me think.

I checked out "I hate you, guy who sits next to me." I laughed so hard it hurt. I wish that guy still sat next to her to I could continue to laugh.

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 12:54:00 PM, Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

Hello? I'm right here. I can hear you two. *rolls eyes*

Kirstie is my idol. And quit hitting me, whore. That hurts. *rubs arm* Gonna make me cry. Again.

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:13:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

cry baby

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 2:52:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Carm - Thanks. I'm evil like that.

Miss Keeks - That New Guy site is so damn funny. I really wish he was still torturing her - horrible for me to say, but it's true.

WOA - Thanks! You're welcome here anytime...and I think I'm going to have to reconsider this whole only bloggers can post thing. I've gotten a couple of emails already.

Don't want to leave my buddies out in the cold

 

Post a Comment

<< Home