Thursday, May 25, 2006

Only Happy When It Rains

I'll be the first to admit I'm not much for art, but I love a pretty picture. Unfortunately, I don't have much of an eye to take the pictures, the best I can do is take out of focus shots of the floor. But I do admire them after they have been taken, matted, framed and appropriately overpriced for purchase.

Sometime last week, I stumbled across a photo journal. Some of these pictures are just breath taking. So lovely. Claire has an unbelievable eye and she lives in Scotland, which I've been told is one of the most beautiful countries on earth. It certainly seems that way.

Go visit her and enjoy her beautiful pictures. Give her a shout to let her know you were there. She even has a site you can visit to buy one or four of her pictures if you want and the prices won't force you to mortgage your home.

(One of my favorite pictures is the one of the pansy entitled PURPLE, the colors are just so vivid and wonderful)

Labels:

11 Comments:

At Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Panacea said...

Oooh, I've always loved photography much more than paintings. It always makes a stronger impression on my mind.

My favourite one for some silly reason was the one with the pink umbrella, but that's just me, I love umbrellas.

 
At Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:29:00 PM, Blogger j.sterling said...

wow- her pictures are incredible! gorgeous!!

 
At Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:21:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Pan - I know just the one you mean. I really like it as well. It's a very interesting picture with the clothes line covered with rain drops. Really good.

There's another one in there that I really like. In her archives December 2005. Entitled THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE. It give you that feeling of safe haven. That comforting cubby hole that you could go to as a kid, enclosed, but lit, so it was safe. But open so you may leave at any time to go play. Really like that one too.

Jenn - Aren't they? I could look at them all day.

 
At Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:24:00 PM, Blogger ditzymoi said...

ohhh pretty pictures!! i love the blue flowers... and black and white photography is the bomb :)

 
At Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:36:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Kim - aren't they! If I had half an eye, those are the kind of pictures I'd take.

 
At Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:46:00 PM, Blogger ditzymoi said...

quit selling yourself short, you probably have a great eye!!

 
At Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:35:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Kim - LOL I like you more and more every time we talk. We'll soon see if I have an eye or not. I can't afford the fancy camera Claire has, but I'm gettin' a camera phone. Be afraid, be very afraid. HUGS

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 12:05:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Oh my gosh!I didn't expect them to be so beautiful!

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 9:18:00 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Me - I know, it took me by surprise as well.

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 11:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good photos are easy...if you subscribe to the "blind squirrel" method...shoot a shit-pot full of pictures and then act as if the good ones are the only ones you took...it's a digital photo kind of thing...

From sunny southern California...

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Hey Jim! Hope your trip is going well.

IT is not here today. You're missing a really relaxed working atmosphere, but somehow I think you don't care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home