Saturday, July 01, 2006

Perfection

Today has been one of those perfect days.

Sleeping late.Cleaning house. Playing with the kids. Hanging out clothes. Shucking corn on the back porch steps. Watering and tending to the garden. Bathing the dog. Eating brownies.

Lauren hugging me and telling me I'm the best. Connor giving me baby kisses and patting me on the arm when we hug. Charles home early from working over time. Hot dogs on the grill with french fries and a little chili with a cold beer for him and a tequila sunrise (easy grenadine) for me.

Talking to my husband and telling him I love him, and really, deeply meaning it. My husband cradling my face in his hands and telling me that no one could make him happier, telling me that I take such good care of us all and that he will love me until his dieing day.

Watching Charles play baby games with Connor on the living room floor, smiling even bigger when Lauren joined in. Watching the kids pile on top of daddy and giggling until they couldn't catch their breath.

Connor running up to Lauren and hugging her. My cats weaving in and out between my ankles while purring.
Later, I will sit down and watch some of the Nascar race that I hate watching, but I will watch it with him because he likes it and I'll I crochet some baby blankets to give away. Lauren will take a bath and watch movies in her room when it's time for bed. I'll give Connor a bath, and Charles will rock him to sleep and tuck him in his crib.
It just doesn't get any better than this.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At Saturday, July 01, 2006 8:46:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

Yea for really really good days!

Those are the days that make the bad ones all worth it.

 
At Saturday, July 01, 2006 10:42:00 PM, Blogger ditzymoi said...

It sounds wonderful Nikki *hugs*

 
At Sunday, July 02, 2006 4:36:00 AM, Blogger St Jude said...

Paradise!

 
At Sunday, July 02, 2006 8:59:00 AM, Blogger Farm Girl said...

What a great day. It sounds like heaven. Let's go for a two-fer.

 
At Sunday, July 02, 2006 1:15:00 PM, Blogger Kevin Charnas said...

and..."BIG SIGH".... wonderful. :)

 
At Sunday, July 02, 2006 1:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds blissful.

 
At Sunday, July 02, 2006 3:06:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Carm - Yeah, you're right. One of those days to treasure.

Kim - It was. *hugs* right back at cha.

St Jude - Good to see you out and about again! Absolute paradise.

Les - I'm shooting for it.

Kevin - wish you were here to share it.

Mama - Yeah - I'm so damn lucky.

 
At Sunday, July 02, 2006 4:04:00 PM, Blogger Superstar said...

ITS QUIET??? Tooooooo quiet...What are you up to over there??

~looks around~

Whispers* So, Did you give them the shot ofwhiskey in the bottle like we talked about??? Or did you give them the childrens tylonol??? LOL ;)

 
At Sunday, July 02, 2006 6:14:00 PM, Blogger 34quinn said...

you are in heaven..!!!
enjoy and nurture these relationships and keep them forever strong.
best to you!!

 
At Monday, July 03, 2006 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Quin! - Welcome. Heaven - most definately. The clouds are fluffy and warm.

 
At Monday, July 03, 2006 9:19:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

lovely :)

 
At Monday, July 03, 2006 9:19:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

lovely :)

 
At Monday, July 03, 2006 11:49:00 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Thank you Me. I was . . HEAVEN.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home