Sunday, January 28, 2007

My Midget Is Cute

I took Connor to the Dr on friday. He was way past due (at almost 21 months) for his 18 month well baby check-up.

In the midst of all the Dr. visiting we do (and we do it at least once every two weeks, sometimes more), I didn't schedule Connor for his well baby check-up because I figured the Dr had checked him enough. Not so, said the nurse...and I had a hard time believing her because he had been sick so much that he still had not had is 15 month shots!!!

Being the chastened mommy that I was, I called to make ANOTHER appointment (even got to say Hello to Lin - I know she still loves me)...only to find that Connor's pediatrician quit to start his own practice 3 counties away for the poor and underpriveledged with no access to health care. (DAAAAAMMMNNNN) While I admire him for what he's doing and wish him well, I wish he wasn't going...but, there's nothing I can do about that, so I switched his primary Dr to another Dr he had seen on several occasions and scheduled an appointment to come in.

I showed up for the appointment 5 minutes early....and waited 30 minutes after the appointed time to be called back to see the nurse...because we all know the Dr. doesn't show up until later.

I liked the nurse...she seemed a bit scattered, but nice enough, seemed to know the drill and Connor liked her...which is important to me...because kids can smell a bullshit artist a mile away. She did the standard height, weight and head measuring and asked me a million questions and then asked me if I had any questions. We spoke for a bit and then I asked for his percentages.

She plugged his info into her portable laptop. First, his height (he is in the 25th percentile for kids in the 18 month age group) then his weight (75th percentile) and head measurements (again, 75th percentile).

I had to pause. Basically what she was telling me was that I had a short, fat baby with a big head.

I laughed a little, and then felt guilty for laughing.

So I kissed my short, fat baby on his big head and tickled his distended belly and miniture ribs.

There now, all better.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:31:00 AM, Blogger Chicky Pea said...

That is the way they are supposed to be, all out of whack. That is why we love them so much :-)

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess I'm a bad mama too. I suddenly realized that Z-boy hadn't been to a "regular" doctor in over a year. He had his ear, nose, throat surgery a year ago last Christmas, and hadn't seen his regular doc since the referral BEFORE that surgery. He'd also never been to a dentist, so on the day before Valentine's day, he gets the one-two punch. And he's out of school all day for this stuff.

When Z was little (and probably now), he was always in the 95th percentile for everything. This is going to be one scary teenager!

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:26:00 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I love me a fat bald midget... bring me that baby!

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 4:06:00 PM, Blogger Mama en Fuego said...

"Look at that kid, he's got a huuuuge cranium."

You know what they say about a kid with a big head....


I don't either but it sounded good.

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 6:56:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

Wow, connor sounds alot like his mom....

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww. He sounds like a cutie! Did he have to get his shots?

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 10:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nikki ,, they are all basically short fat round headed babies at that age.!!!

This is why you always see them with bruises and cuts on their foreheads and faces ..... they wobble and are top heavy!!!!!!!

silly goose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At Wednesday, January 31, 2007 9:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love me some fat babies. kissing skinny baby cheeks just isn't the same. besides then what would you zerbit?

 
At Wednesday, January 31, 2007 11:03:00 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

LOL, he sounds adorable! ha ha. I got "let go" from a pediatrics office because I missed so many appointments that I did schedual. Opps. So my kids have been going to the office that my mother in law works at. It works out cause sometimes she'll take them and if I have to she calls like a million times to remind me. She knows me well.

BTW I tagged you for something, go look.

 
At Wednesday, January 31, 2007 11:26:00 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Better than a tall, fat, small headed baby wouldn't you say? Now that would look silly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home