Wednesday, February 07, 2007

6 Weird Things About Me

Jazz tagged me with this one....and now I must add her to my "To Be Drawn & Quartered" list.

1. Whenever I buy a new book, I have to get a new bookmark to go with it. It MUST match. I would never be able to handle having a blue book cover with a brown bookmark. ALL of my books have their own bookmark. If there is a series that I am reading or have read...they DO NOT share...each book has it's own bookmark.
I started doing this a couple years ago. It had gotten to the point where I would loan out a book and it would be returned to me having the spine broken or the pages were dog eared. I hate that crap, so I started buying bookmarks for each book and it rarely happens anymore. I have however, lost a few bookmarks.

2. I can only use a towel ONE time in between washings. I know most people just hang up their towels and use them again the next time they shower...I DON'T. It grosses me out. I may hang the towel up to dry, but it will go in the laundry basket after it's dry. There are however, 2 exceptions to this rule. a) - I can wear my tericloth bathrobe at least 2 times and be okay with it. b) I can use the same towel to dry my hair twice. That is all.

3. This may be TMI but I'm having a hard time coming up with things that are weird so I'm putting it in....
I always wear a bra. Even when I'm at home in a ratty t-shirt and shorts bumming around or doing housework. I don't sleep with it on or anything (at least not regularly) but as soon as I get up I shower, brush my teeth, put on some anti-stink and the bra goes on....before the panties even. I have got to have one on...at all times...period. Jiggle Factor does not make you cool.

4. My pantry is kept in a strict discipline of neatness at all times. Have you ever seen Sleeping With The Enemy and she has to have the cans turned facing front and everything has to be just so? Yeah, well, that's me.

5. I can't put my laundry away unless it is folded in a particular way, or hang the clothes in my closet unless they are all facing the same direction.
For example, shirts. If they are to be folded, then you pinch the seam at the shoulder where the shoulder and the sleeve meet, shake out the shirt with a good POP, fold the shirt back so the shoulder seems that you are pinching touch - and the front of the shirt MUST FACE OUT, smooth the shirt to get at least most of the wrinkles out, grab the cuff of the shirt in your right hand and make sure that the sleeve is laying flat on your arm (doing the same with the other sleeve over the top of that one) and then fold AT THE SEAM WHERE THE SLEEVE HAS BEEN SEWN ON. DO NOT - OMG! - NO NOT FOLD THE SLEEVE SO THAT THE CUFFS ARE TOWARDS THE HEM OF THE SHIRT. FOLD THE SLEEVES TOWARD THE OPPOSITE END OF THE SHIRT. If the sleeves go over the shirt, fold them back on themselves and then fold the shirt in half so that the sleeves are between the top and bottom halves of the shirt. The front of the shirt should be facing to the LEFT, no sleeves should be poking out of the folded shirt. Lastly, smooth the top and you're done.
If you are hanging the shirt, it should face LEFT and have the top button buttoned. (let's all say a quick thankful prayer for hangers shall we hummmmmm?) I'm not kidding when I say that I have gone behind Charles a million times refolding the clothes that he has folded, though I try not to be obvious about it. I could be a little anal retentive on this issue, what do you think?

6. I can't stand it when someone where's their hat inside. In today's day and age of the ball cap, so many people are doing this and it's now considered normal. What is wrong with you people? Show some frigging upbringing. NO, it's not okay to wear it into Walmart - you're still INSIDE...and if you walk in MY door with a hat on your head, you had better be undergoing some serious chemo treatments. I won't even say Hi to you...the first thing I'll say is "Please take your hat off."


I'm all done now. Don't worry, I won't tag you....but you're still weird...weirder than me even.

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 2:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, they have all sorts of good drugs now you could benefit from. remind me to never let you see the inside of my closet.

 
At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 6:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww hmmmmm...okay...you are weird.!!

I have to say I was starting to get a bit of a headache LOL.and going crosseyed following the STRICT instructions for shirt folding ..hahaha omg funny.

The bra thing I can understand I don't like buster and chester flopping around either.

Shirts in my house..hello>?? they get folded ( term used loosly as they would not be considered folded by your standards).

I wear a baseball style had indoors at work as it is required part of uniform. ( beats a hair net). I never have to worry about a bad hair day at work.

It is probably a good thing you can't see my house!!!

 
At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 7:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, you are ocd. What's that like? Do you like Monk?

 
At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 7:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the bra thing. The girls ache if they're let loose for too long.

You cannot see inside my closet. Ever.

I hate my husband's drawers. He just tosses his clean laundry in there (some of it not even his). I have to fold my laundry before I put it away. But I'm not super anal about it.

You're not TOO weird.

 
At Thursday, February 08, 2007 8:25:00 AM, Blogger Woman with Kids said...

I have to wear a bra too, but usually so I don't trip over them or anything. I mean, two kids? Hello?

The rest of it? Please feel free to come to my house and whip it into shape. Anytime.

 
At Thursday, February 08, 2007 8:31:00 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Nikki - I'll consider it....are there any with good haulcinagenic (sp) properties?

Quinn - Dude, there'll be toys strewed from here to next week in my house with dishes in the sink, but I gotta fold the shirts ya know LOL. My house isn't pretty either. Don't sweat it. ...and as far as you wearing the cap at work...well, that's a bit different, it's required uniform, and to be honest, I'd wear it to so I wouldn't have to wear a hair net.

Jeff - I'm not OCD, I'm AR. I admit it...and I've seen the previews for Monk, but that's about it.

Sayre - I hate my closet shelves. I just went and got me some spacebags so I can neatly put away the blankets and stuff that are crapping everything up. It's been driving me out of my mind.

 
At Thursday, February 08, 2007 9:24:00 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

OMG you would die in my house. First of all I don't care where my cans go. lol. I'll find them when I need them.

And my laundry? Can you please please come and do it? I'll pay you! haha.

The bra thing? I HATE them! But I don't have much, so it really doesn't matter.

See that wasn't so bad! Don't hate! haha.

 
At Thursday, February 08, 2007 9:26:00 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

OH and the bookmark thing??? Are you nuts? lol. I own over 700 books, could you just imagine if I owned a book mark for every book?

I used to want them to match but I still only had a few and one of them usually matched my book.

I always end up loosing them anyway and using a scrap of paper.

And for the record, if someone EVER borrowed one of my books and cracked the spin or dog eared a page I'd do some MAJOR hurting on them.

Don't mess with me and my books.

 
At Thursday, February 08, 2007 2:18:00 PM, Blogger Mama en Fuego said...

I am so with you on the laundry and the pantry. I have gone behind my husband so many times and:

#1. refolded/hung laundry (he has a nasty habit of hanging my shirts in the middle of my pants and FACING THE WRONG DIRECTION!!! GGGAAAAHHHH!!!!!)

#2. Reloaded the dishwasher. (that helicopter looking thingy at the top/bottom...yea, it's supposed to go round and round or the dishes don't get washed)

#3. Reorganized the pantry, snacks have bins with labels, there is a section for breakfast foods, soups, baking goods, etc... Why is this so hard to understand? Why oh why must he put the tomato PASTE in the soup section?? WHY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY?!?!? It's not soup, it's paste!!

kjafhklasd fkladjfoiasdjf voasddjftuoiaehjgadkruigho;awetirethglkdlkaguoaweur oiew faeiout roiprejh gzatoerayh (banging head on keyboard)

Okay, I feel better now...

 
At Thursday, February 08, 2007 3:17:00 PM, Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I hate using towels more than once too. I didn't even know that people did that until I got married and my husband nagged me about hanging it up and using it again. WHAT?!?!
WOuld you mind coming over and organizing my pantry and closet? I am the type of person that would give you a coronary. No organization anywhere...

 
At Thursday, February 08, 2007 6:21:00 PM, Blogger Shrig said...

I do a similar thing with the bookmarkers too. Every time I need to go somewhere that requires flying, I must buy a bookmarker at the airport. AND the bookmarker must at least coordinate with the book that I am reading. I don't buy a new one every time I get a new book, but I have quite a few where I will match or corrdinate them with the color of the cover of the book. OR I will match themes as well. For example: If its a book on Asian Culture, I have bookmarkers that I picked up in Hong Kong with drawings of Asian paintings on them. I have to. I'll go nuts if I don't.

And, I use to wear a bra all the time as well. Even to bed. That habit has since stopped because they wear out faster, and bras aren't cheap.

Phew! I feel better. :P

 
At Thursday, February 08, 2007 7:02:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

I dont believe you.

 
At Thursday, February 08, 2007 7:51:00 PM, Blogger Attila the Mom said...

After reading the entry about your bra I thought this said:

4. My "panty" is kept in a strict discipline of neatness at all times.

TMI TMI!!! LOL

 
At Friday, February 09, 2007 7:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the same way about my laundry, folding and clothes in the closet. Even when I hang things to dry in the laundry room, they have to all be facing the same direction. Call it anal but it's been working for me for years so why change my method?!

 
At Friday, February 09, 2007 11:27:00 AM, Blogger ditzymoi said...

ohhhhhh and i thought i was anal lol

 
At Friday, February 09, 2007 4:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

psssst - you were awarded a ROFL Award by Mommy off the Record

 
At Friday, February 09, 2007 8:44:00 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Just so you know, I have changed my URL to http://flaccidrock.blogspot.com

 
At Monday, February 12, 2007 9:45:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

*shake and quiver*
nikki, the folding thing - wow...mighty specific..but I bet you have one heck of a closet!!!
I say, it's probably a good thing you haven't seen my house. :)

 
At Monday, February 12, 2007 4:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always wear a bra?! Man, as soon as I get home, it's off.

 
At Monday, February 12, 2007 11:13:00 PM, Blogger EE said...

I'm with you on the towel thing...my towels are falling apart because they are washed so much!

 
At Sunday, February 18, 2007 3:20:00 PM, Blogger Alcluith said...

Hi Nikki, Glad you liked the swans and the old camera. I'm extremely OCD-ish, but unfortunately not when it comes to tidiness. This usually really annoys anyone who has to live with me ;-)

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 12:03:00 AM, Blogger Flawed And Disorderly said...

You are totally weird. Except for the bra thing. I'm the same way. But go ahead and hate me. I wear a ball cap all the time. Women are allowed to wear hats inside--even church, so ball caps should be okay in Wal-Mart. It covers bad hair days! How can you be against that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home