Wednesday, April 11, 2007

You Always Told Me It Built Character

Why don't you just shut up.

I'm so damn sorry your leg hurts, but what the fuck do you want me to do about it?

Should I pour on the sympathy? I get sick of that really quick you know....and you're worse than the kids with you whining sometimes - you know that?

I didn't see you feeling bad for me when I had tendinitis from my ankle to my hip and could barely walk.

I didn't see you feeling to terribly bad for me when I broke my poor little pinkie toe and I hobbled around for a bit.

I didn't see you feeling bad for me when I had multiple hairline fractures thru my feet and legs and was in a lot of damn pain.

I didn't see you feeling bad for me when I was at home with the kids and ALL of us had a nasty stomach virus. You went to work and left me at home to take care of everyone - vomit and diarrhea all around. You just fucking left me there feeling like death to take care of everyone - including myself.

...and now you want me to take care of you. AWWW. Poor baby.

Suck that shit up and drive on.

I don't feel bad for you.

Take some Extra Strength Tylenol and go away.

I have two children, not 3.

....and make your own damn Dr.'s appt. You have 2 - two - cell phones. Pick one of those bad boys up and make your own fucking appointment. I have a job too.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Iris said...

with sympathy like that, you could soooooooooooo be a nurse!!!!

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 11:30:00 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Iris, I actually took a couple of nursing classes. I soon found out that I can't be a nurse for 2 reasons.

1. Sick people depress the living hell out of me.

2. Whiners aggrevate the hell out of me. LOL

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And suddenly there is a new contender! This is an inside joke only to me, but I am getting a kick out of it. :)

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:21:00 PM, Blogger Amy W said...

I haven't met a guy who isn't a wuss when they are sick...

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:07:00 PM, Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Men are BABIES. Good for you standing your ground.

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:35:00 PM, Blogger Chicky Pea said...

The whining gets very old very fast. That is actually one thing I have to give the ex credit for, he never whined about being sick. He went to work the day after he broke his wrist and he refereed a kids soccer game the same day he got his big "v". He, however, is the exception and not the rule.

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 4:55:00 PM, Blogger Pendullum said...

Why don't you just send him out to pasture... or at least the garage...Until he realizes the error in his ways... you don't shoot a mamed work horse out in your parts do you???
Ahhh... Don't answer that...
Ahh... Charles... You better be on the mend soon... and for goodness sake... no moaning...

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 6:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay are you really annoyed at his baby whining or is it that when he is sick he is not in the mood and you now you won't be getting any of that incredable sex you keep telling us about.?????

( hahaha) ...

whenever my hubby is sick or has a pulled muscle and starts to bitch about it I simply get up and walk away or just act like he never said a thing..drives him nuts...but hey ..that is pretty much what I get.

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do know how you feel. When it came time, I got rid of the 3rd child because he just irritated the hell outta' me. Not saying you should do the same, just saying I can relate. Hang in there girl, and when push comes to shove, next time there's a stomach virus going on in your house, just make sure to turn over in bed and yarf all over him.

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:36:00 PM, Blogger carmachu said...

Ouch. Sorry to hear he's whining....

But I loved the rant!

 
At Sunday, April 15, 2007 1:18:00 PM, Blogger Trouble said...

My ex-boyfriend was the biggest whiner in the world...god I got so sick of it.

 
At Wednesday, April 18, 2007 3:10:00 PM, Blogger Art_Fulldodger said...

Mmmmmmm No I didnt say a thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home